News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

look who's selling his daytona replica again

Started by BigBlockSam, July 14, 2009, 09:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Old Moparz

No harm in putting it out there to a much larger market.

But I'd have liked to see it finished with paint, especially since the work he did already was really nice.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

nascarxx29

I think his timing is right on .If someone just went to carlisle and didnt find a decent 69 or 70 charger to build a replica while in town.They would be on ebay craiglslist the following day .Or waiting for the mopar nats to shop
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

superbirdtom

hotrod98

That gives me the inspiration to paint my wing this weekend. Pics will follow.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteThat gives me the inspiration to paint my wing this weekend. Pics will follow.  Grin

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 14, 2009, 02:53:40 PM
QuoteThat gives me the inspiration to paint my wing this weekend. Pics will follow.  Grin

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

oh well i got out bid . i bid what i could afford to pay .

nascarxx29

There are cars and deals still to be to found .I know people that been working on daytonas superbirds .They had from back in the day . And yet no closer to being finished .From the time they bought it at this time .I just wait for that call
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

I was hoping you Knuckle heads would not notice it on eBay

Old Moparz

Quote from: daytonalo on July 15, 2009, 12:27:03 PM
I was hoping you Knuckle heads would not notice it on eBay

Some people have i-phones built into their sunglasses, & modem chips inside their heads so they can browse ebay & the rest of the internet all day long & look for this kind of shit.

Especially if they know it's yours, Larry.  :lol:
               Bob                

daytonalo

I just want everyone on this Forum that I'm not going anywhere , just going to start building a Bobby Issac # 71 as close as possible  to the real deal

BigBlockSam

QuoteI'm not going anywhere

good we'd miss you

signed.........your only friend .Rene

A383Wing

Hey! what about me??? I thought I was yer friend also??   :nana:

kab69440

Quote from: daytonalo on July 15, 2009, 04:56:09 PM
I just want everyone on this Forum that I'm not going anywhere , just going to start building a Bobby Issac # 71 as close as possible  to the real deal

Now THAT is an awesome idea!!!!! Good luck in that endeavor!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

daytonalo

It is a milestone in my life , I now officially have two friends !!!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on July 16, 2009, 08:06:37 AM

... and unofficially?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

you cant finish one so your going to start a 2nd one  ?

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on July 16, 2009, 10:15:00 AM
you cant finish one so your going to start a 2nd one  ?

:ahum: :ahum:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

I might be one too, but I only talked to you once on the phone & that doesn't really count.   :lol:

Now I'm curious too, why not do this car as the Bobby Issac # 71?   :shruggy:
               Bob                

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 16, 2009, 10:52:31 AM

I might be one too, but I only talked to you once on the phone & that doesn't really count.   :lol:

Now I'm curious too, why not do this car as the Bobby Issac # 71?   :shruggy:
Thats what I was thinking ,you are most of the way there.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

PocketThunder

Dont race cars have the wheel openings cut out, and maybe he wants to keep his current Daytona in street form. >? ..??
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

Exactly !! Next Daytona is going to be as close to the Bonneville car , but going to use Air bag on all 4 corners so it can be slammed or raised slightly when needed . I want it to have correct A- body hood hinges ,  under hood tube frame , Hemi with Bathtub intake , simply put as close as the real car including Goodyear racing slicks and yes it will be street driven . I'm eying up a shell right now

Larry 

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on July 17, 2009, 10:35:18 AM
Exactly !! Next Daytona is going to be as close to the Bonneville car , but going to use Air bag on all 4 corners so it can be slammed or raised slightly when needed . I want it to have correct A- body hood hinges ,  under hood tube frame , Hemi with Bathtub intake , simply put as close as the real car including Goodyear racing slicks and yes it will be street driven . I'm eying up a shell right now

Larry 
air bags   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

daytonalo

Why not ?? 4 way independent  system I think would work just fine , infinite curb height . It can even be super ass hi for you old school fossils !!!