News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best route across the country... READY TO ROLL!!!

Started by NYCMille, July 13, 2009, 09:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty8charger

Safe Journey! Angry looks awsome!   if you plan on driving through Al Asad, Iraq, let me know... i'll be in the desert colored MRAP!   hahaha.
Jayson

cudavert

We'll join up at the the kansas speedway stop.  Have a shop with a lift available just 5-10 min north of I-70
if you need anything.  just left MoparStuart know and he can contact me!

Deron

Brock Samson

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: NYCMille on July 20, 2009, 04:21:05 PM
Day 6. Fri. July 31st. Distance: 270.48 miles
Las Vegas, NV - Los Angeles, CA
We plan to be in the LA area from Friday - Sun. so please let me know what's going on and we'll be there.

Day 7. Sat. Aug. 1st  - Exploring the Car Scene in LA - Suggestions Welcome
Day 8. Sun. Aug. 2st - Exploring the Car Scene in LA - Whats the best Sunday morning Cruise in in this area?

Day 9. Mon. Aug. 3rd. Distance: 95.32 miles
Los Angeles, CA - Santa Barbara, CA

Mike - Saturday Aug 1st is a local car club meeting approx 9:00am - 11:00am - usually about 10-15 cars show up and just grab breakfast at Bob's Big Boy in Torrance, CA....      Wish I had my Car done to go cruising but no such luck...       (location about 20 miles south of downtown LA)

There is also a meeting up in Thousand Oaks 5:30-9:30 pm (About 25 miles north of Downtown LA) that night at Fuddruckers    http://socalcarculture.com/Images/CruiseNight_Saturday_Fudds1000Oaks.pdf

Check this out if you got the time - see if there is anything you like      http://socalcarculture.com/events.html

Hit me up if you need anything while in So Cal - check your PMs

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

moparstuart

Quote from: cudavert on July 25, 2009, 11:20:46 AM
We'll join up at the the kansas speedway stop.  Have a shop with a lift available just 5-10 min north of I-70
if you need anything.  just left MoparStuart know and he can contact me!

Deron
welcome deron   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  picture of deron's shop and his beatiful b-5 convertible
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

deron is bringing his convertible and my buddy jerry is bringin his boat of a wagon

mauve66

i would put a towel under that wheel or the vibration of the road may cause it to rub on the leather interior
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

Here is a the quick text of the blog I wrote for Cardomain.com/mrangryinc.com (pics will up tomorrow) on today's journey from NYC - Akron, OH. Tomorrow we're heading to Indianapolis for the Brickyard 400. Should be a good one... right now though, I'm going to bed.

Cheers ya'll - Mike

The first leg of our cross country journey is now coming to an end, which is good... cause' I'm really flippin' tired. We hit the road this morning at 7am and drove 467 miles to Akron, OH. Thankfully the Charger ran like a top and according to our GPS we had an average speed of 81.6 mph - not to bad for a a 41 year old muscle car right? Gas mileage, as predicted sucked - we pulled a pretty consistent 10-11 mpg cruising the old 440 at 3000 rpm.

Our first gas stop in Pennsylvania proved to be an enlightening one. While filling up I noticed this truck driver strolling over the Charger, Jim Tatum or "Jimmy the Kid" stood about 6 foot tall, wore a black cowboy hat and black boots and sported a Texas style belt buckle with the letter "J" on it, he was from Oklahoma... go figure.

"That Charger's a '68..." he said, "I remember those cars from before you were even moving".

He then asked what we were doing with this old muscle car all stickered up - "We're filming a documentary on what pisses people off"... I explained.

"Well then Boy... you found the right f*ckin' guy to talk to." - I was rolling!

We BS'd with Jim for a good hour, he told us stories from the road and more importantly, why he was angry - that's another blog though. I then snapped a pic of Jim and his rig and jumped back Rte. 80 heading west into Ohio. Now unbeknownst to me, the state of Ohio is home to Summit Racing Equipment. I found this out as Johnny and I blasted by it on the interstate. Once seen though we promptly pulled off, flipped a u-turn and proceeded back there. Over the last 5 years I've probably spent enough cheddar there to get a third world country back on track economically so when I walked in there I had to instantly pull back the reigns. This building was the ultimate playground for gear heads. Engines, pistons, suspension components and driveline equipment lined the shelves, it was like some sort of automotive god had an organism and the money shot landed in this building... good stuff.

From there we landed in Akron, OH were I am right now. I'm tired and beat down, but am really looking forward to tomorrow cause' were headed to the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It should be a good day.

skip68

:2thumbs:  Get some rest and have fun tomorrow.   My size is Xlrg.   :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

sixty8charger

this is going to be one exciting post to follow!  :popcrn: this is my dream! taking the Charger from WA to NC (for starters) but just driving driving driving....     but driving it vice trailering!  keep the posts coming! last time i drove from AZ to NC in my Ram. took the I-40 the whole way. if you go throught Amarillo, TX.. you got to try the 72OZ Steak challenge!!  big ass signs everywhere for the restaurant. if your appetite isn't that big, they have incredible Steak&Eggs!!   my   :Twocents:
Jayson

ChgrSteve67

:popcrn:

Your trip is going to be a lot of fun. I'm really jellious.

skip68

Steve, we can put out an air mattress for you and you can join the fun here in Vegas.   :2thumbs:   Just be here Wed. night.   That goes for any other members that  want a place to crash and hang out on Thursday with us.  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ChgrSteve67

Thanks Chuck I would love to.

Of course work and the rest of life (not to mention the wife) is going to get in the way of me rocketing over to Vegas by Wednesday.

As it is I have to prepare everyone for my 3 week trip to the 45th Birthday Party and back in 2011.
When it gets closer I will figure out what route I am going to take and who I will hook up with along the way.

I'm currently working on tuning the Charger for a road trip to a car show in Oregon middle of next month (8 Hours each way).
Baby steps.

I hope some day my Charger will be as reliable as Mike's

Finn

Quote from: 2Gunz on July 15, 2009, 07:35:54 AM

Bobs Big boy, Burbank California.

Starts around 4 ish on friday.

Unscripted, people just show up.

Id say 40 cars at a time prolly a 100+ throught the night.

If ya show up, Ill come visit.

I 2nd that! That place started my love of classics.

There is also a car show every month at the local route 66. Next one is Saturday August 8th.
Live band and decent turn-out usually.

Route 66 Classic Grill
18730 Soledad Canyon Rd.
Canyon Country, CA 91351
(661) 298-1494 Restaurant

Honestly though, Bob's Big Boy in Burbank Friday nights are where its at.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mauve66

hope you check the seat under the tire, hope to see ya thursday, be careful but have fun also
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

moparstuart

Quote from: moparstuart on July 24, 2009, 08:58:12 AM
Ok so the plan here is to leave odessa missouri at 5pm monday headed for the village west exit at kansas speedway  off I-70 .  Meet up with some more muscle cars there .  Leave kansas speedway at 6 pm headed for topeka .  We should arrive at topeka roughly around 7 pm .  Then do dinner and a cruise or go-carting in topeka ?

ok I have a hand full of people who are meeting us at kansas speedway @ 6pm tomorrow night , then a hand full more who are meeting us in topeka @ 7pm to eat and then go  go-carting. 

Steve P.

This is something I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to do some day....  Sounds like a monster blast...    :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

Just got into Pontoon Beach, IL... we went to the Brickyard 400 today and it was nuts. Check out: http://www.photobucket.com/angryacrossamerica for some quick pics.

So far so good - Charger's running great, managed 11mpg today, WOOHOO!!! and tomorrow meeting up with a bunch of members... should be a great day. PM with any questions.

Cheers guys, once again, I'm busted and going to bed.

OH!! Met a guy with a BEAUTIFUL 73 Charger R/T, number matching car, B7 Blue - even got a pic!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: NYCMille on July 26, 2009, 10:22:20 PM
Hey Guys -

Just got into Pontoon Beach, IL...

That's 21.8 Miles from my house.... :o

I thought I heard a rumble in the distance earlier... :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: NYCMille on July 26, 2009, 10:22:20 PM
OH!! Met a guy with a BEAUTIFUL 73 Charger R/T, number matching car, B7 Blue - even got a pic!

Very cool! That's a '71 though Mike ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Wango Mango

Mike, your trip reminds me of the Vanishing Point Revisited trip we did last yr. Only 1500 miles from Denver to LA, but nothing like touring in a vintage Mopar.  Give me a call when you get to Reno & Oh Mango(Hemi Chally) &  I will meet you.  You're welcome @ my house if you need a place to stay.  Buzz  cell 775-232-7080 or runbuzz@charter.net

Steve P.

Hey Buzz, that second pic. brings back some GREAT memories...  :2thumbs:

I think I see RON in that shot too.... 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Wango Mango

Quote from: Steve P. on July 27, 2009, 12:32:37 PM
Hey Buzz, that second pic. brings back some GREAT memories...  :2thumbs:

I think I see RON in that shot too....  
Hello Steve & long time, no talk.  Hope your Coronet is running well & it'd be good to see you again.
Too bad you can't be here for Hot August Nites & to see Mr Angry's Charger roll in.  Hope I can hook up w/ him & Oh Mango's the poster child for the Kick Off event.  Would be great to Have his Charger parked next to the Chally.  Orange & Black would look cool.
The Challenger was completely redone  2 mos ago & Hemi rebuilt to 60 over w/ solid cam & stage 5 intake. Runs like a beast now & don't think I'll run out of gas in my rematch w/ Holly!.  May be a different outcome this time around.
    Just sold my 69 Charger R/T SE project & guy's putting a hemi in it, too.  Still have the 65 Coronet & may do a low deck stroker for it??  

Take care, Buzz

moparstuart

Mike and mr angry are here at my salvage yard right now.   Super nice guy . His navigator hooked Ian up with a bunch of Mr. angry stickers .   We are taking lots of pictures and will post them tomorrow .  We are headed for the kansas speedway on I-70 and then on to topeka.  We will get some good pictures of the cars on the road for everyone .

The70RT

Some pretty intense storms west of Topeka. Hope you guys make it here before then  :P
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us