News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you remove the center console on a '69??

Started by elanmars, July 08, 2009, 01:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elanmars

The shifter's lights don't work, just need to replace a bulb. And install sound deadener stuff too. I also need to replace some of the lights on the dash board, the 4 little ones.

What kind of lights will I need?

Thanks.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

1969chargerrtse

I think Chris's site has bulb info.  It's a 57 bulb.  He has a bulb chart. :laugh:

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/

Outside of that you need to open the console door and remove the 2 screw holding it down.  There is also a screw on the left side hidden in the carpet piece that holds the left side only stiff.  Remove all the console plates, remove the shifter knob screw and unscrew the shifter knob.  I think that's it.  There may be another floor bracket but I'm not sure.  Very easy to figure out.  
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

twodko

Hello elanmars,

Pulling the console on a '69 is very easy. Two screws inside the console door way down at the bottom, one screw on the drivers side and a couple on the passenger side. You'll have to loosen the small allen head screw on the base of the shifter knob (A/T) and unscrew it to remove it from the shifter shaft. 2 screws hold the top of the console on its housing. These are located at the very back of the console top just inside the door. After that gently lift it up from the back until the retainer clamp at the front of the console releases and carefully lift the console off the shifter lever and tranny tunnel. The console body becomes brittle after 40 years so take care. Good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

UFO

If all your doing is changing the bulb,Open console door remove the two screws for the front plate tilt up. snap light socket out.Reverse order and your done.

john108

Are these instructions applicable to a '68 Charger?

UFO

Quote from: john108 on July 11, 2009, 12:56:15 AM
Are these instructions applicable to a '68 Charger?

Yes.
You will have an extra wire clip for the back up light switch.