News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The STUPIDEST Question Ever!~

Started by Neal_J, July 07, 2009, 11:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal_J

So, what's considered the correct positon for the window cranks when the window is in the fully upright positon?

Right now, my driver side crank is in the 4:00 position & the passenger side matches at about the 8:00 position.

Not that it matters much, but any expert opinions as to the "correct" position??

Ghoste

No expert just a common chump who has his exactly opposite of yours.  :lol:

A383Wing

all I got are little toggle buttons...  :D

sixty8charger

preferred position would be (for me) outward from my knees. Driver side at around 3:00 and passanger side at 9:00.
Jayson

Just 6T9 CHGR

Funny that you ask because just last night I did some adjusting on my drivers side one.....I had to clock it forward more because when the window is down I like to rest my knee on the door panel & the crank was in the way.....windows are down most of the time so I clocked them like sixty8charger did in the down position
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: A383Wing on July 07, 2009, 11:52:11 PM
all I got are little toggle buttons...  :D
Ha, me too. My issue is if you push the button up on the passenger window from the drivers panel it goes down, but works normal off the passenger switch. I messed something up somewhere when I removed the main button switch some time back. I need someone to open the switch cover and take a picture to find out which wire goes where?
As for crank position I would look in an original broucher for the factory position.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

73chgrSE

I like using mine as a knee rest. :smilielol:

twodko

Hello Neal,

One of the best things about this forum or in any other case for that matter is that there are NO stupid questions my friend. The folks on this site are a virtual cornucopia of all things Charger! Keep those questions coming, we all learn from each other.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Neal_J

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 08, 2009, 10:02:04 AM
As for crank position I would look in an original broucher for the factory position.

Brilliant idea!~  Wish I'd though of that!!

Thanks, I will find that Facts & Features brochure I have & post what I find.

Neal_J

Quote from: twodko on July 08, 2009, 10:57:29 AM
One of the best things about this forum or in any other case for that matter is that there are NO stupid questions

I totally agree, in concept.   However, as a member for 5+ years of this forum, and a general trouble-maker, I can assure you that there have been PLENTY of stupid questions.  And not all by me!~

Neal_J

Dodge is no help so far.  The brochure pic has buzz windows: 

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/facts/69_Charger0007

The quest continues...

Just 6T9 CHGR

I was gonna say that most of the factory literature I've seen always displays the power window option
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

quapman

Anywhere your knee won't whack it while you're driving. Then make the pass. match.

I doubt the line workers back in the day had a particular position or even gave a carp how they were oriented.

....and I've had FAR dumber questions!  :eek2: