News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FLG's 73 SE Restoration Thread UPDATED 8/12

Started by FLG, July 06, 2009, 11:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: FLG on October 04, 2011, 04:21:34 AM
Thankfully he cut it from point where the skin folds around the edge of the door. If you look at the weld line closest to the door handle and cut the door straight across that line but removed the outer skin thats what i had so they were easily able to measure it up.

Frank they were cut that way for exactly that reason. Locating them should have been very easy. Looks great btw.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Bob

Frank,
I can't wait to see the final product.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Love those doors.

FLG

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

FLG

Waiting on funds from my end, id imagine in a month or two ill have it all together.

Currently she is sitting in there personal workshop sandblasted and primed, when i get out there ill give them the rest of the cash to get her fully ready to be painted...than its another money hurdle..@23 between this and my other toy im just scraping bottom  :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: FLG on May 08, 2012, 11:44:23 PM
Waiting on funds from my end, id imagine in a month or two ill have it all together.

Currently she is sitting in there personal workshop sandblasted and primed, when i get out there ill give them the rest of the cash to get her fully ready to be painted...than its another money hurdle..@23 between this and my other toy im just scraping bottom  :smilielol:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ralley72

1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

FLG

Will have em in the next coming months. Dont worry, shes getting there  :2thumbs:

billfury

Frank did you ever find the R/T louvers you were looking for?

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

FLG

No i did not  :rotz:

Had a bud that was supposed to see if he could have em made in fiberglass...but that dosnt seem to be happening.

billfury

You're more then welcome to stop at the shop and use mine for measurements if you need to.  :2thumbs:

FLG

Hmm,

Maybe we could make a mold of it and i can see if someone can cast it or make it in fiber? I have no idea how to make a mold of something, perhaps you or someone on here does?

FLG

Watching now,

That would be sweet to make one out of CF!!!

Thanks!

Of course bill would have to be OK with making a copy of his part (dont blame you if its not something you want to do!)

JB400

FLG

LOL, eating a pop tart atm!

Should be a pretty simple to make the mold on the louvers...from what i gather so far.

JB400

Best thing is, it's actually pretty affordable if you do it yourself.  Some kits you can get for around $100 with cf 24'' wide not counting mold making material

FLG

JB400

I don't have them right now, I'd have to do a Yahoo search in the morning, and then get back to you on that.  I got to be at work in a few hrs and haven't had a nap yet.  I've been up since 8 am yesterday, 2:30 am now :lol:

FLG

Sounds good, no rush.

I work nights so im wide awake for the next few hrs  :brickwall:

billfury

FLG

billfury