News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possible paint scheme for the wife's Superbird clone.

Started by hotrod98, July 05, 2009, 10:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I wore bell bottom jeans but that's about as close as I ever got to an outfit like that. I could just go quadruple black like my Daytona clone.
Black car, black interior and black lettering. As for the fourth black, the Daytona has a black wing and the bird could have a black vinyl top.

Oh, and she would never, ever let me paint it pink. This is a girl that's owned many bad to the bone musclecars in her life, most of them 4-speeds or 6-speeds.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 09, 2009, 04:31:30 PM
I wore bell bottom jeans but that's about as close as I ever got to an outfit like that. I could just go quadruple black like my Daytona clone.
Black car, black interior and black lettering. As for the fourth black, the Daytona has a black wing and the bird could have a black vinyl top.

Oh, and she would never, ever let me paint it pink. This is a girl that's owned many bad to the bone musclecars in her life, most of them 4-speeds or 6-speeds.
MY WIFE wants her daytona clone to be pantherpink , Its viper red now and will stay that way untill michele is willing to pay for the complete pink paint job her self .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

MY WIFE wants her daytona clone to be pantherpink , Its viper red now and will stay that way untill michele is willing to pay for the complete pink paint job her self .

Whoever writes me the check gets to decide on the color.  :D

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteMY WIFE wants her daytona clone to be pantherpink , Its viper red now and will stay that way untill michele is willing to pay for the complete pink paint job her self  .

don't you luv it when he gets all tough like that  .  :nana:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

You aren't the first one I've heard make that observation.

hotrod98

I changed the original FM3 paint formula by including zirilic pearls. Talk about a color that "pops".  :yesnod:
I'm kind of anxious to paint a car that color. I may pull one of the 70 Barracudas out of storage later and build my daughter a pink Cuda clone. She's a second grade school teacher and that car would look pretty good sitting in the grade school parking lot.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 09, 2009, 11:27:56 PM
I changed the original FM3 paint formula by including zirilic pearls. Talk about a color that "pops".  :yesnod:
I'm kind of anxious to paint a car that color. I may pull one of the 70 Barracudas out of storage later and build my daughter a pink Cuda clone. She's a second grade school teacher and that car would look pretty good sitting in the grade school parking lot.
if you need a free test vehicle i'm sure my wife wouldnt object   :smilielol:

hotrod98

Here's a pic of a bulge hood like the one that we bought to convert into a bird hood. I saw this car in person at SEMA last year. The entire car was very nice. I love the blackout on the bulges. It gives the hood a whole new look. The difficult part is going to be cutting up such a rare hood.
I sure hope I don't screw it up. Maybe I should practice on one of my flat hoods first.

Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on July 09, 2009, 04:37:56 PM
MY WIFE wants her daytona clone to be pantherpink

that puts you on the slippery slope to building another Marty car  :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on July 13, 2009, 01:16:49 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 09, 2009, 04:37:56 PM
MY WIFE wants her daytona clone to be pantherpink

that puts you on the slippery slope to building another Marty car  :lol:
I love marty , but there only needs to be one ,  I want a fatory stock looking clone anyway .

superbirdtom

you ought to do it in the new hot wheels paint by ppg.  you lay down chrome paint first then candy color it . in the end it looks just like a hot wheels.  the hot wheels lime was always one of my fav.

BigBlockSam

Quotethe hot wheels lime was always one of my fav.

:2thumbs: :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdtom on July 13, 2009, 11:54:15 AM
you ought to do it in the new hot wheels paint by ppg.  you lay down chrome paint first then candy color it . in the end it looks just like a hot wheels.  the hot wheels lime was always one of my fav.
my car is like a giant hot wheels car  , would have been cool

superbirdtom

have you seen the hot wheels paint by ppg?  first you paint it chrome then apply whichever candy color then clearcoat.  or radience by ppg i have done a couple of them  very cool effect as the flakes are actually tiny crystals that efract light in every direction like a road sign reflects light .

hotrod98

I've shot PPG for many years but never did get into the custom paints much. My biggest fear is getting a really good resto job in and them have the customer ask for candies or exotic paints. I can shoot them, I just don't like to. Several guys that have worked for me during the years that I managed a dealership body shop have gotten into shooting the candy stuff. Just this week a guy that painted for me was telling me that he just finished painting pearls on a fiberglass 32 Roadster for a guy only to have the guy decide that the door gaps weren't large enough. He's afraid that the car will flex and damaged the body and paint. So this guy gets to do the entire job over for free. He just didn't think to have the guy check off on the assembly of the car before he started shooting it.
We restore old gas pumps for a guy here locally as filler jobs at time and expense. They end up at a booth at Barrett-Jackson. We just might have to try one of the Hot Wheels colors some time for fun.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i just finished a candy apple red 66 jazz bass . silver first then the candy red . i have to be close to factory specs ,  so ya gotta be real careful how many coats you put on . or it'll be to dark. Rene

hotrod98

Whenever I paint a three stage pearl, I do a color letdown to determine the number of coats of pearl that will be correct. I've had a couple of guys that worked for me that decided that doing the letdown was too much trouble. I would give them total hell when they had to do the job over.
I would always say... "If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, how in the hell are you going to find the time to do it over?"  :brickwall:

Charles Addams

superbirdtom

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 14, 2009, 02:58:45 PM
i just finished a candy apple red 66 jazz bass . silver first then the candy red . i have to be close to factory specs ,  so ya gotta be real careful how many coats you put on . or it'll be to dark. Rene

Speaking of a jazz bass , go to the old thread of my black ice superbird. and look at the bass guitar i am holding in one of the photos it is a 66 jazz bass and check out the paint job on it i even painted the fretboard to fade into the body.  That one you did probably looks real sharp a candy red.