News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AutoZone Master Cylinder & Braided Brake Lines

Started by Charger72SE, July 05, 2009, 08:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger72SE

has anyone used the remanufactured master cylinders & new braided brake lines from AutoZone?

I'm thinking of changing out the original m/c and rubber hoses

thanks for any comments!!

c00nhunterjoe

i have the advance auto parts master cylinder on my car, been on there with no issues for almost 10 years now, probably rebuilt by the same people that autozone uses

TylerCharger69

I got a year and a half out of my m/c  remanufactured of course....from Autobone

b5blue

Got on the rebuild subject with the guys at Mancini and they said it's a crap shoot on them too...get new if you can!

Rolling_Thunder

A good friend of mine just got a new master put in his 64 Polara....       went out within 3 days and caused an accident...     needs a new fender, grille, hood, inner fender...     which blows because this was an original paint car...    Black...              I always usually get new...     I have been running a re-manned master from A-zone in my brother's Chevelle for 4 years now...    no problems as of yet..
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Musicman

I had one on mine... It leaked from day one.  :P

Charger72SE

since the Auto Zone remfg master cylinder has a new Sleeved Bore, instead of just being rehoned, and new Epdm (Ethylene Propylene Diene M) Seals & O Rings, I thought it might be good as a new one.

what do you guys think?

thanks very much for your comments

NHCharger

My Autozone re-manned master cylinder started leaking after 10k miles. Bought a new M/C from Advance Auto for $39.00 this spring.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Charger72SE

yeah, I just saw the new M/C from Advanced Auto as well - did it fit ok?   for a little more $$, I was thinking of going new

dpixel

I've been through 2 remanufactured m/c from autozone, they both leaked.  The first one after 2 years and the second one after 6 months.  I found a new one at NAPA autoparts.  So far so good.