News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Okay time to go car lookin again.. PICS ARE HERE!!!

Started by BIRD67, June 29, 2009, 01:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

I decided that the '69 Dart I wanted to get was too much work and the guy wanted $1500 for it and it didn't run..Anyways, my buddy was telling me about a '66 Barracuda near my house that has been sitting next to an AMC Pacer for 4 years now at a bodyshop.. From what he told me, the car was on eBay and it got sold, the buyer made a $200 deposit and never picked it up.. The interior has been redone and as it sits, it is in gray primer and it has black steel wheels.. I am not sure what engine it has, but I am pretty sure that it is a slant six, though something in the back of my mind says it is a small block V8.. I haven't talked to the Body shop, but from what I have heard it just needs paint and a carb rebuild..All the glass and brightwork is there. My buddy said he wanted to get it, but he already has a '68 Fury, '71 Dart, '75 Dart, '77 Hornet, '07 Mustang, '71 Ford 500 he has to rebuild.. He said $500 would probably buy it..

WIsh me luck, I am really interested in hearing the full story, and maybe, if it stops raining I will get some pictures...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

moparguy01

get the pacer. its the least ugly of the 2.   :eek2: :lol:

BIRD67

I think I'll pass on the Pacer, it is a moldy mess, the body is nice, bt I don't want a pacer.ever. Anyways, if my camera is working I will try and get pictures, it seems pretty nice out today..
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

Magnumcharger

Wow. About the only way a '66 Barracuda would look good is by parking it next to a Pacer!

Actually, a decomposing pile of dog turds would look better than an AMC Pacer, so there you go.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

moparguy01

I always wanted a Gremlin-X. Call me weird  but the idea of a gremlin with a 401 just makes me giggle alittle. :D

Tilar

Actually I always wanted a 401 Gremlin myself. I had a 71 Ambassador police interceptor in the mid 70's that had a 401 and that thing was wicked. I never lost a street race in that car.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Old Moparz

Quote from: BIRD67 on June 29, 2009, 01:06:15 PM
From what he told me, the car was on eBay and it got sold, the buyer made a $200 deposit and never picked it up..

Could be a fun project & a decent car, but make sure there is a clear title or transferable registration for the thing. It would suck paying for it, then spending more on it to get it running or restoring, & later finding out that the ebay buyer held the title.  :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BIRD67

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 01, 2009, 09:13:08 AM
Quote from: BIRD67 on June 29, 2009, 01:06:15 PM
From what he told me, the car was on eBay and it got sold, the buyer made a $200 deposit and never picked it up..

Could be a fun project & a decent car, but make sure there is a clear title or transferable registration for the thing. It would suck paying for it, then spending more on it to get it running or restoring, & later finding out that the ebay buyer held the title.  :Twocents:

You're right, I still need to get more info on the car, however It's hard when the damn rain won't go away!!

Ghoste

I'd like to see the pictures.  For 500 bucks I have to think it needs a lot even if it is a 66 Barracuda.

bull

If it were a '67-'69 Barracuda I'd be telling you to get your butt down there and buy it yesterday. However, those first-gen Barracudas are pretty friggin' homely if you ask me. Keep looking.

BIRD67

UPDATE 7/5/09: While on a bike ride with my cousin I found a 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus sitting in a field behind the local Ford dealership.. It is Like a bronze/brown colour and is in fair shape.. It's passenger side fender is severely damaged and the front valance and rear valance will need replacing.. It appears to be a southwestern car because it has a light tan vinyl top that is burnt off but there is no surface rust.. I checked out under the hood, it was ajar..It has a 318 2 Barrel with A/C, it also has power steering and power brakes... the car is very clean, I know that it's the original paint, and it is nearly immaculate.. The interior is the best part, it has a light tan interior with rallye gauges and a split bench seat.. All the A/C components are there and the car really just needs a fender to be driven.. Oh, on the air cleaner lid, there was a sticker that said, "This Vehicle is equipped with Spark Blaster Ignition", so it must have eletronic ignition, didn't Chrysler go eletronic in '73?

Anyways, I brought my camera but it was dead, go figure.. so my cousin took a few pictures with his cellphone..I got one of the fender tag, he just needs to send me the pictures..

BIRD67

Okay guys, as promised, I got the pictures of the Satellite Sebring Plus.. I got 2 pictures of the fender tag and the rest are of the engine and body.. I will get better ones when time permits me to..

BIRD67

more...

Ghoste

The cellphone pics don't show much of course but from what little can be seen there appears to be some potential there.

quapman

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BIRD67

Okay, so my friend Branden, who owns all the mopars I've talked about before, got in contact with the owner.. The car runs and drives and the owners father had hit a guard rail with it.. He was offered $600 for it but he wants $800 firm.. Now, I have like $250 in my bank account and $75 in another account.. Dammit, I really want this car!!

BIRD67

Okay, the nearest car dealer to my house is a Kia dealer, my stepdad said he will look into getting me a job there.. Before anybody says anything, yeah yeah, I know, working for an import car company, but c'mon I want that Satellite, I just need $550 more than what I have and I will try and work out a deal with the owner so I can have like some sort of monthly payment plan..

mikepmcs

Just an aside Bird and please don't take this as me picking on you.  If somebody's dad came to me and asked if his son could get a job there I would say no. Reason being, you want a job, you go ask for the job. Just unsolicited advice you can take or leave. :2thumbs:

Back to that sebring, $800 ain't too bad I guess for a running driving car.  How bad is the wreck......bent up frame, etc...?

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BIRD67

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 06, 2009, 08:33:49 PM
Just an aside Bird and please don't take this as me picking on you.  If somebody's dad came to me and asked if his son could get a job there I would say no. Reason being, you want a job, you go ask for the job. Just unsolicited advice you can take or leave. :2thumbs:

Back to that sebring, $800 ain't too bad I guess for a running driving car.  How bad is the wreck......bent up frame, etc...?

Mike, the frame is fine, it's just the passenger side front fender, but I think I can fix it with a bar stool cushion and a rubber hammer.. the car has only 2 rust holes, and they are the width of my pinkie, so my buddy Arlon can fix those with his welder.. I am gonna go with my stepdad to see about the job, I can do alot of stuff most 15 year olds can't, heck I built half of the engine in the Firebird and I have has a good amout of experiance working on my uncle's '68 Barracuda..

mikepmcs

BIRD67

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 06, 2009, 08:38:38 PM
Sweet, go get that job.  :2thumbs:
I will! wish me luck! I really want this car! It's the first V8 Mopar I have found around here that doesn't need to be completely restored.. I think once money will permit I will get a Road Runner hood and a Camaro style spoiler (ducktail spoiler) for it and remove the vinyl top and get a strobe stirpe like the '71-72 Road Runners had.. And my buddy Branden has a set of Mopar Rallye's for it, so I could buy those off him..

BIRD67

UPDATE!! I just got home from the Kia Dealer, I filled out a job application and they said they would get back to me asap.. ANd another update on the Satellite! It belongs to one of the managers at the Ford dealer, my stepdad knows most of the people who work there so I am gonna do some research and find out if the person is willing to make a deal with me.

captnsim

Make sure you look that car over really good. A strong desire to own a classic Mopar with a V-8 can make you over look or miss some things that can be disastrous too getting the car on the road without major repairs. This is especially true with cars that have been in a accident. Damage will look minor till you start taking it apart...You may want to have a body shop with a frame rack inspect the car first. Make sure nothings bent or tweaked. Remember, lots of damage can hide behind inner fenders, and damaged panels.