News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are their supposed to be washers for the upper and lower ball joint nuts?

Started by Blakcharger440, June 27, 2009, 08:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

Do the upper and lower ball joint nuts for 68-70 mopars supposed to have thick washers for them......or do they just use the nuts?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Blakcharger440

I cant get the nuts tight enough with washers installed so that I can slide in the cotter pins.  :scratchchin:

Blakcharger440

Well now I can answer my own question. From the factory they dont have any washers in that location. I always forget that I have a 70 Charger 500 in the next garage as a reference. The suspension has been untouched on it.  :cheers:

John_Kunkel

The washers are included with the replacement ball joints for applications where they're needed, if not needed toss them in the hardware drawer.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

chargerguy111

How far does the spindle slide up on the ball joint stud?Is it suppose to go all the way to the control arm?I know,I know,dumb question but this is my first time installing front end components and I want to make sure it is right.

HPP

The spindle and ball joint stud are a tapered fit. Once put together without a dust boot on, you will notice a gap between the top of the spindle and the bottom of the ball joint housing. This is normal and allows the boot to flex and reatin grease without getting smashed.