News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WANNA GUESS WHAT I'M UP TO NOW?

Started by mikepmcs, June 25, 2009, 07:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Probably need a nitrous Dry nozzle and a fuel noid and fuel line to complete it (fires with pushing the button)...
Jetting on the nozzle would contol the size of the flame.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Neal_J

It is possible to plumb something simple with a small supply of butane as a fuel source?   Something like a small canister in the trunk plumbed down into the exhaust and triggered by a BBQ ignitor.  

I would think this would preferable than washing the engine with raw gas or the revving it up approach.

Foreman72

you don't have enough in the fumes to light it up? i recall reading it can be done from the fumes...  :shruggy:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mikepmcs

Eric, correct....I do not have enough to light it up for whatever reason and my car is running rich.  I do have spark though and will go ahead and hook up the other side tonight or tomorrow just to complete what I started.  
(gotta go and get an inspection sticker and have my buddy put the chally up in the air so we can map out the cutouts and the custom exhaust)

I had to laugh at myself on the way home tonight.  I was gonna put a manual choke on the carb ....only problem is, I remembered I have a holley 750 hp.  No choking that baby. :lol:

Jimmy T, glad you chimed in.  It looks like i'm going to have to go active as you suggested to get the flames.  I need some sources and some direction if you don't mind..   I said I wasn't going to do it this way but it is now an obsession. This has consumed my brain and it appears the only logical way besides washing cylinders.

Neal,
Good idea as well.  I don't want to wash the engine either so thought I could get away with my idea.  I believe the only way is the active route.  Misting the fuel in the pipe and let the plug do its thing.  I need a nozzle that has a check ball or something so the flame can't go back to the source.  Does that make sense what I'm talking about. :eek2:

Beer is well versed in this arena.

Thanks everyone for the replies so far :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs: :cheers:

Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Started rigging up the active wet setup.  Found a bunch of stuff today at the shop.  I thought I had a great idea by using a washer pump, only problem is...it does not have a valve or whatever to shut it off.  I thought it only ran through the line when you pushed the button.  In other words I need some sort of checkball or something to stop the gas from running all the time. (ie: flip the switch, gas gets squirted, release the switch, gas shuts off and checkvalve/ball stops gas from going through the line)  Right now it would continuously drip even after I flip the switch back off.

My spark plugs are all installed and I am running 2 coils with my buzz box.  Everything is mounted and wires run , etc..... Now I just need to get gas to the spark.  I tapped in the welding tips tonight as well.  Using a quart container(It was an empty metal Clearcoat container)

Any ideas are appreciated.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Daytona R/T SE

My old man had a Flame thrower setup on his '37 Ford about 60 years ago.

Long before my time, but he always told me "All you need is a Model T Ford spark coil and a spark plug in the tailpipe."

"With the engine running, bring the R's up, pull out on the choke a little bit, get 'er good'n rich, hit the button"

We were always going to do this on my '72 Charger, but the gas tank fill tube behind the license plate, between the tailpipes always scared me off from actually doing it.
:fireangry:

Now... on my '69 that is NOT an issue  :scratchchin:

Daytona R/T SE

I think you need some holes in the tailpipe just forward of the sparkplug to let some air in there for combustion...Just take a look at your propane torch... :scratchchin: