News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hurst shifter linkage

Started by carolina charger, June 17, 2009, 07:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolina charger

Seems one of my linkage rods is missing. 1st question is will this set up work in my 70 Charger? 2nd question can I but just the one rod or will I have to but the whole set?

John_Kunkel

You're missing the 1-2 shift rod, should be able to find one from Brewer's or Passon..be sure to mention it's an OD transmission.

It won't fit into a '70 bellhousing because the OD trans has a 5 1/8" bearing retainer, the hole in the '70 housing will be 4.80".
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

c00nhunterjoe

how can you tell its on OD version? i cant see the numbers in those pics and you cant trust the linkage position....lol

carolina charger

If I'm not mistaken it measures around 4.35  :scratchchin:

carolina charger

It mates to the hole in my bell housing. I think its a '65 or '66. The casting number on the bell housing  is 2468370.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: carolina charger on June 18, 2009, 07:20:17 PM
It mates to the hole in my bell housing. I think its a '65 or '66. The casting number on the bell housing  is 2468370.

2468370  =  65 B/C body 361/383 Cast Iron 10-1/2"

c00nhunterjoe

if it mates to that bellhousing then its a standard 4 speed. not an OD model. odds are somebody had the linkage off and just slapped it back together. mine came the same way, levers were on upside down and the shift forks were actaully backwards

John_Kunkel

Hmmm, my bad, I assumed from the crud on the front lever that it had been that way for a while.  :brickwall:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.