News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger survivor on ebay bringing good money. It's baaaack.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 16, 2009, 05:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: Khyron on June 17, 2009, 08:40:44 AM
Quote from: bull on June 16, 2009, 08:05:19 PM
I don't see why $30k is too high. If I knew five years ago what I know now I'd probably pay $40k for something just like it.

Then boy do I have a deal for you :D

Too late. I'm in too deep now. :P

tan top

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 17, 2009, 01:57:18 PM
For me, not being an R/T isn't a problem at all. I love the car for what it is.....the highest HP engine available on a base charger, very original, and the COLOR ... I love green Mopars!  :cheers:

It's a very unique piece.  :2thumbs:

thats true also !   as much as i would love to own a R/T  SE  or a HEMI C500  like  that  :drool5: ..in that condition  ..... an XP Charger  like that unrestored .is a awesome find  &  would love to park that next to mine in the garage !!!  cars are only original once !!  :yesnod: :drool5: & cars like that are a needle in a hay stack find as our cars get older !!
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69*F5*SE

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 17, 2009, 01:57:18 PM
For me, not being an R/T isn't a problem at all. I love the car for what it is.....the highest HP engine available on a base charger, very original, and the COLOR ... I love green Mopars!  :cheers:

It's a very unique piece.  :2thumbs:

Thanks  TUFCAT,  mine is going to be green.  (I have green interior too).   :cheers:

Sublime/Sixpack

It looks like a pretty nice car, if I were in the market for a '69 Charger I'd consider this one. Personally I like the green on this car, and if I bought it I'd slip a set of chrome 15" Magnum 500's on it with bigger tires, and redo the interior to all black. And yes, I feel that its worth 30K. :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

1969chargerrtse

I read all the replies, I thought about what I've seen in the past and whats listed now, and this is my concusion about it being worth over 30,000.00 :rotz:

Nice car though. :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

My opinion is this, these cars are only original once. Once you restore it, the value on that car wouldn't be 75% of that. However with it being a "survivor" definitely worth it. You can cut and repair a car 1000 times, but its only original once. You can digitally enhance the Mona Lisa and make it 1000 times nicer than the faded original, but would it be worth 1,000th the price of the actual painting? I think not.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 17, 2009, 03:13:42 PM
I read all the replies, I thought about what I've seen in the past and whats listed now, and this is my concusion about it being worth over 30,000.00 :rotz:

Would you feel differently if it were orange or red?
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Just 6T9 CHGR

And how many times have you stated that in this thread? :slap:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on June 17, 2009, 06:58:18 PM

And how many times have you stated that in this thread? :slap:
Which part,  The " it ain't worth 30,000.00? "
Or the " nice car though " I dunno?  :icon_smile_big:
Kinda looking for someone to agree with me, but it ain't happening.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on June 17, 2009, 05:18:17 PM

Would you feel differently if it were orange or red?
It would help. It's also a low option base car.
Nice car though.
I think it's a great thing that these cars bring good bucks, I own one. 

nakita7

69CoronetRT

Quote from: BB1 on June 17, 2009, 08:25:54 AM
Is it that early that the engine is blue?

A question I pose.  :shruggy:

It should be blue.

Nice car.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

A34

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 16, 2009, 09:56:16 AM
Says original but, if it's original then why is there a MotorGuard toilet paper air filter mounted in the upperleft corner of the engine compartment pic.  That filter hooks up to an air compressor to remove moisture from the out going air to prevent water from getting to your air tools or to keep water from getting through the air lines when you're spray painting.  Not too original.

It looks way to shiny for original paint especially the door jam unless they clearedover the original paint!!  30K,all day long,but that is just me.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looking at the bid retraction excuses because the seller changed the description of the fact that it doesnt have A/C.....if you cant tell this from the pics of the engine compt, interior & tag you shouldnt be bidding anyway....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

I don't know the seller too well on a personal level, but I did meet him & saw a few of his cars. He seems legit, & not a thief or a scammer like others we've all posted & read about. He runs a body shop, restores or repairs older cars, & also sells classics. Several years ago when I was hunting for a '70 Plymouth, I drove up to Fitchburg to look at a 1970 Sport Satellite with a 383 that the same seller was offering. It was a decent car, but tired, & would need a drive train rebuild in the near future. He didn't try to hide anything & told me before I went that the car was mostly original, but they repainted it. For a few more bucks I landed the lime green Road Runner I have now.

That Sport Satellite was also the same shade of green as the survivor Charger. :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

69 OUR/TEA

Definitely a nice car to grab,greens are on my top choices of colors,preferably F5 along with green top and int.My feelings about price........,if I found a car that struck me bad enough that I had to have it,it would'nt phase me to pay a little more because long after price has been forgotten,you still have the car!!!!!!Now if it was a 68,right next door to me, :scratchchin:!!!!

TomW

Its a very nice car but IMO I have to agree with the original poster, I just dont think these avg models are worth above 20k especially in the current economy. But again this is personal opinion and you can see the cars still all seem to be selling on ebay. Personally I like to see them all loose about half there value this year so I can pick more up....  :yesnod:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on June 19, 2009, 05:36:02 AM
Looking at the bid retraction excuses because the seller changed the description of the fact that it doesnt have A/C.....if you cant tell this from the pics of the engine compt, interior & tag you shouldnt be bidding anyway....

I prefer non-AC any day. The only car I have that has AC is.......a convertible! Go figure. Too much junk sitting on the engine for me. But, I guess for a non R/T cruiser AC would be attractive to a bunch of people.

69*F5*SE

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 19, 2009, 11:09:03 AM
Definitely a nice car to grab,greens are on my top choices of colors,preferably F5 along with green top and int.My feelings about price........,if I found a car that struck me bad enough that I had to have it,it would'nt phase me to pay a little more because long after price has been forgotten,you still have the car!!!!!!Now if it was a 68,right next door to me, :scratchchin:!!!!

69 OUR/TEA, my car is to be F5 green and has green interior.  In some way I feel validated.  Thanks   :cheers:

By the way, your Charger has been my wallpaper screen for several months.  

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 19, 2009, 09:47:41 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 19, 2009, 11:09:03 AM

69 OUR/TEA, my car is to be F5 green and has green interior.  In some way I feel validated.  Thanks   :cheers:

By the way, your Charger has been my wallpaper screen for several months.  

I also love a Green Charger! F5 or F8 and I think the green interior is WAY cool!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1hot68 on June 19, 2009, 09:50:10 PM

I also love a Green Charger! F5 or F8 and I think the green interior is WAY cool!
back in '05 when my Charger was on the block, I was looking into buying this 70 GTX....really dig this interior....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TomW on June 19, 2009, 09:40:36 PM
Its a very nice car but IMO I have to agree with the original poster, I just dont think these avg models are worth above 20k especially in the current economy. But again this is personal opinion and you can see the cars still all seem to be selling on ebay. Personally I like to see them all loose about half there value this year so I can pick more up....  :yesnod:
Finally someone agrees with me.  Atta boy Tom.  :2thumbs: