News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else think A-1 Cardone is crap?

Started by b5blue, June 15, 2009, 07:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I've gone through 2 dist. from 2 suppliers and both are not rebuilt proper! Now I find 2 shops that will NOT use A-1 Cardone ANYTHING! "Nothing but problems" this from shop owners and mechanics. Is anyone here having any luck with these guys? (the theory is they are trying to be too cheap on price and quality is suffering)  :shruggy:

Silver R/T

are you talking about remanufactured parts?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

I'd have to say that applies to a LOT of things in our current society.

b5blue

YUP..for me I was talking to my friends about getting 2 dist. in a row (a year apart) that were not rebuilt correct or adjusted proper, they pointed out a much broader problem generalizing the brand unfit. I've been through a rash of improper parts lately...ether new poorly made or rebuilt that were just cleaned up and slapped back together. I figured I'd check here with you guys before "black listing" another potential supplier.   

Ghoste

Big box warehouse style retailing + Made in China as cheaply as possible= crap.  It's a simple formula that it seems too many people are happily accepting.  :shruggy:

rt green

i'm a mechanic by trade. have had good and bad luck with them. they are in line with alot of reman brands.  
third string oil changer

Chatt69chgr

I don't know about their stuff being crap but I do know that they have gone to the functional fit formula.  Doesn't matter if it is correct for the year, you will get whatever they say will bolt on and no matter what the picture looks like.  I also found on master cyl that sometimes the cap will be sandblasted rusted crap.  Next one will be nice.  I have quit considering them for any future parts unless there is no other choice.

b5blue

That's more of the kind of info. I wanted thanks!  :2thumbs: