News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carb size

Started by money pit, June 14, 2009, 03:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

money pit

hey guys, i have a 383 .040, stock cam just need to know what carb to use , i have a eddy 600 now but it seems to run a little rough, the idle mix screws are more than 4 turns out before it runs decent,thinking about eddy 750 or is that to big?. thanks

Ghoste

Some may disagree but IMO if you are running the stock cam then I am assuming the rest of the setup is stock as well and the car is primarily a cruiser.  If such, I would keep the 600 on there but you may have to do some tuning with it.  The 600 Eddy does run lean.

money pit

thanks for the reply,i was screwing around with it and poured just a little gas down the carb and it ran good and the idle smothed out what do you think,and yes everthing is stock

Ghoste

You might want to think about one of those tuning kits that Edelbrock sells with the different jets and rods just to fatten it up a little.

money pit

thanks i will go to mancini tomorrow and pick one up, by the way i got a duel exhaust for my charger from year one fit perfect no problems just wait for there internet sale