News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hard starting when hot

Started by mjwebb, June 11, 2009, 09:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjwebb

OK, I've changed the fuel line to hard, moved it away from the heat, put on a heat disappating carb gasket, etc. Was talking to an Edelbrock tech during my recent eddy upgrades and he said (I'm sure many of you already know this but this is for those who don't) that it's totally related to the heat crossover which needs to be blocked when changing the intake manifold. He said that they designed that for easier starts in colder climates to assist cold starts but it boils the gas in warmer climates.

Just passing this on for anybody that may be installing an intake. Wish I would have found this out before putting mine on, heck, may even take it off and redo it...it's embarassing leaving someplace with people gawking at my car and then I go to leave and almost run the battery  dead trying to get it started

b5blue

Change it out...drill a 1/8 hole in the "block off" if you have an auto. choke to let some heat in faster.  :2thumbs:

mjwebb

Quote from: b5blue on June 11, 2009, 09:24:42 AM
Change it out...drill a 1/8 hole in the "block off" if you have an auto. choke to let some heat in faster.  :2thumbs:

I have an electric choke, he said that would not be affected by blocking off the heat crossover

b5blue

Your good then...just block it off...hot soak drove me nuts, not as bad as you had but still a pain!