News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carb backfiring

Started by mjwebb, June 11, 2009, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjwebb

Timing? only happened once but could it be related to the techniques I'm experimenting with due to hard starting when warm..I tend to give it some pedal and even hold it to the floor....

thing is it runs fantastic, smooth, no hiccups anywhere...can't imagine it running any better

r_biccum

ignition timing, valve timing, running ritch...
1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

firefighter3931

Quote from: mjwebb on June 11, 2009, 09:07:56 AM
Timing? only happened once but could it be related to the techniques I'm experimenting with due to hard starting when warm..I tend to give it some pedal and even hold it to the floor....

thing is it runs fantastic, smooth, no hiccups anywhere...can't imagine it running any better

If it only happened the one time i would suspect you had some fuel puddleing in the intake manifold and once the ignition fired it just ignited the excess fuel and caused the backfire.

Glad to hear it's running good.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs