News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger R/T motor mounts

Started by Buzzit1, June 10, 2009, 10:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzit1

Just repaired my car 440 auto 4 bbl. from when the fan blade took out the radiator (see previous posts & photos), fan shroud, etc.  I installed a new wp, fan clutch, fan shroud, fan blade, and a perfect 956 reworked radiator so I am now ready to go -- I hope.

I noticed some engine flex when I started the engine and car was in neutral (gunned the throttle a little bit); should I nstall new motor mounts and transmission mount just to be safe or exactly how do I check to make sure I don't have excessive engine movement and wipeout all the new components I have just repaired my car with?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Looks like motor mounts are ok when I put the car in D & R & torqued the engine up, however, there is a significant amount of flex so I am going to install a tie down on the drivers side just to be safe.