News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric 6-way seats in a 2nd Gen Charger?..............>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, November 16, 2005, 11:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

I know you can swap a manual 6-way seat track from a "70 B-body into a "69, but has anyone put the electric equivalent from a C-body in one?

Also, wouldn't it be possible to modify (or flip over) a DS 6-way seat track and use it on the PS seat?

I ask that simply because I don't know if there even is a PS 6-way option for a MoPar from that time period.

My "72 Imperial uses an electric 6-way DS seat, but the PS is a good ol' 2-way manual with a tilt option.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Johnny the 69 & 70 tracks are different and will not interchange.......

See here for more info.

http://www.nicksgarage.com/6way.htm
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Johnny SixPack

Thanks for the link, Chris! :cheers:

I didn't know there was a 6-way option for "69..

I just like the option of rear tilt.

The driving position in my "70 (w/6-way)   is much more natural than that in my "69 (without).

Although I'm still intrigued about electric seats. :scratchchin:

Looking to do something kind of different with the "69, but still use period correct stuff.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

is_it_EVER_done?

I once used a pair of electric seat tracks from a Cordoba in my 68 Charger. I did it so my (then) wife could drive/ride without feeling like she was at the bottom of a well.

As I recall, I had to drill a couple of new mount holes (floorboards), and two new track to seat bottom holes in each seat, but it was an easy install. As for the controls, I cut a couple of pieces of plywood just a little bigger than the chrome bezels and placed them behind the seat cover so that the bezels had something to screw into, and mounted them on the sides just like the originals.

Though I did it to appease the wife (ex), I did find it quite nice to be able to change the seat position for different driving environments like further back and more tilt for long trips, closer/lower and more straight up for racing, etc. Plus when I sold the car, I got full asking price because the guys wife absolutely LOVED the adjustability, so his negotiating power was eliminated (note to all â€" don’t take the wife during negotiations). Overall, it was an easy and worthwile install.

Shakey

Quote from: Is_it_EVER_done? on November 22, 2005, 06:01:02 AM
I once used a pair of electric seat tracks from a Cordoba in my 68 Charger. I did it so my (then) wife could drive/ride without feeling like she was at the bottom of a well.

As I recall, I had to drill a couple of new mount holes (floorboards), and two new track to seat bottom holes in each seat, but it was an easy install. As for the controls, I cut a couple of pieces of plywood just a little bigger than the chrome bezels and placed them behind the seat cover so that the bezels had something to screw into, and mounted them on the sides just like the originals.

Though I did it to appease the wife (ex), I did find it quite nice to be able to change the seat position for different driving environments like further back and more tilt for long trips, closer/lower and more straight up for racing, etc. Plus when I sold the car, I got full asking price because the guys wife absolutely LOVED the adjustability, so his negotiating power was eliminated (note to all â€" don’t take the wife during negotiations). Overall, it was an easy and worthwile install.

Good info here!

Welcome to the site!  :cheers:

Johnny SixPack

:iagree:

Thanks for the tip! :cheers:

I really like the adjustability factor of the 6-ways, and an electric set up would be a nice 'modern' touch.

Now I need to figure out a keyless entry setup. :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd: