News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buyers Remorse *Updated with Pics*

Started by RecklessYouth, June 09, 2009, 12:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Yes, I red (read) the whole comment & understood. Just pointng out that I'm not one of those. No Insult intended. LEON.

MoparManJim

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 10, 2009, 05:50:56 PM
Yes, I red (read) the whole comment & understood. Just pointng out that I'm not one of those. No Insult intended. LEON.

No problem man  :cheers: 

Landonsrt

Quote from: RecklessYouth on June 09, 2009, 09:34:12 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on June 09, 2009, 09:28:17 PM
Doesn't matter anyway, it's just money and you have a whole lot of time to make more of it.  Let's get to crackin on finding you a shell and not dwell on what's done. 

What year are you specifically looking for?  A 68 I assume?

Im looking for either a 68 or 69, dont really care which. A roller would be helpful for maneuverability but I guess not a requirement  :lol: Just need something with solid rails and a good title. Im interested in building this car the way Id like it and will be a nice cruiser, so dont care if its a XP or XS.

Im there with ya dude!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: RecklessYouth on June 09, 2009, 09:26:06 PM
Id rather not say. All I will say is, waaaaaay more then it was worth.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Well, it all depends really on how much you paid.  If you paid over a grand then I feel sorry for you. But I also applaud you in trying to see what you can or can't do for it.  :Twocents: :cheers:

68charger383

This one seems like a solid car with an asking price of $9.5K: Upstate NY is very pretty this time of year  :icon_smile_wink:

'70 Dodge Charger, less than 10,000 original miles, needs the restoration to be finished, was parked in a barn since 1981. Numbers Matching 383HP car. Looking to get $9,500. Perfect Dash. I have the Build Sheet, Fender Tag, Door Tag, Body Numbers all Match.

Brand new Rally Wheels

Located in Central, NY, call 315-439-7552 if you have the ability to see it in person. 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,58147.0.html
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

71RT4ME

Why not repair it ? That is why new fenders,rockers,floors and frame rails are being reproduced.
The rear 1/2 of the framerails are often rusty but the portion from the shock crossmember forward could be rock solid still.
I say fix it. I don't believe 2 door Mopars should be parted out anymore.\

By the way ALL 68-70 B bodies are identical underneath.a 4 door Satellite or Coronet can supply all the floors,frame rails,crossmembers etc you need.

dads_69

I repair/restore cars like that every year. Starting price for one like yours, unlimited. If you don't have a large pocket book, give it up before you do start tearing into it and then realize your never gonna get $$ back out of it, sell it now if possible.
Rust doesn't scare me, its just a bunch of parts welded together IMO.
Good luck w/your project.

Mark

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Old Moparz

Bummer about the seller being a deceitful dirt bag.  ::)

As far as the car, if you decide to use it as a parts source, which is what I would do based on how rough it is, then strip it, bag & label every single salvagable part, bracket, nut, bolt, clip, & even things you know you will replace later. You'll never remember what each item is, where it goes, or what it's for. Buy a shit load of various sized zip lock bags & keep them organized.

If you keep it as a base car to fix, make sure you get it legally in your name before you spend a penny on it. It would be even worse if you dumped thousands of dollars into a car that had no title or paper work, & got screwed later by DMV later & not allowed to register it. Unless I bought a parts car for a few hundred bucks, I made sure I got the car in my name first before spending money on it.

I have a '68 Coronet Convertible that the seller didn't have paper work for. I wrote down the VIN & called the state police to make sure it wasn't a stolen car, then bought it after they said there was no record of it as a stolen vehicle. I did get a bill of sale, had it flatbedded home, then used Broadway Title Company to get the paper work going so I can legally get the car in my name. Check with Broadway Title first to see if your state allows this.

http://www.broadwaytitle.com/

Like others have said, some have restored cars in the same, or worse condtion. Anything can be fixed, but you definitely need to have a realistic idea of what that will cost & what you can afford. Good luck with your Charger.  :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: MoparManJim on June 10, 2009, 05:41:31 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 10, 2009, 05:34:27 PM
Read the Are you Scared or Not Scared post by RIDELIKEHELL to see what your in store for if you want to restore this one. If you like what you see go for it. :scratchchin: LEON.

Yea, that is a good thread, I been watching that car.

Interesting ride it has been that's for sure but I know what I've got when its done. I've struggled with which way to go over the past years & if I made the right decision or not. I have alot of faith in my builder so I think it was the right way to go for me. The big thing was waiting for all the repro parts be available from AMD..still waiting for my front valance but other than that it looks more like a car than ever. ;)
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

r_biccum

Quote from: Landonsrt on June 10, 2009, 08:13:23 PM
Doesn't matter anyway, it's just money and you have a whole lot of time to make more of it.  Let's get to crackin on finding you a shell and not dwell on what's done. 

Im looking for either a 68 or 69, dont really care which. A roller would be helpful for maneuverability but I guess not a requirement  :lol: Just need something with solid rails and a good title. Im interested in building this car the way Id like it and will be a nice cruiser, so dont care if its a XP or XS.

Im there with ya dude!

Aw C'mon! Most of that will polish out! Get a repo cigar lighter and a full tank of gas and lets hit the town!  :rofl:
1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

TUFCAT

I just saw this thread..... :'(

Sorry dude, that's a parts car. I'm sure you'll still do okay if you buy another (less rusty) one and swap the good parts between them, like others have already said.  

dkn1997

RECHRGED

dkn1997

btw...I read some of the q&a at the bottom of the auctions and that full frame with all the shit on it is 13,600. 
RECHRGED

Landonsrt

Quote from: r_biccum on June 11, 2009, 09:49:31 AM
Quote from: Landonsrt on June 10, 2009, 08:13:23 PM

Im there with ya dude!

Aw C'mon! Most of that will polish out! Get a repo cigar lighter and a full tank of gas and lets hit the town!  :rofl:

Yeah, Right!!!! :rotz: