News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Buddy Seat

Started by Buzzit1, June 07, 2009, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzit1

My 70 R/T has the buddy seat option and I have found that the top portion of the seat folds back at least partway and does not stay adjacent to the bucket seat back when you push on it.  Is the buddy seat back supposed to stay rigid in the upright position?  Do I have something broke?

Jim

Ghoste

It should stay upright and not fold back any further.

Lord Warlock

If its like the 69 buddy seat,  in the upright position, there are notches in the hardware that keep it from going any further up.  If it goes over the 12:30 position (slightly past vertical) the board inside may be broken. 

Speaking of which, does anyone sell replacement buddy seat parts?  my board rotted and broke decades ago, and i found a chrysler imperial board i replaced it with, but its slightly shorter than stock and isn't filling out the new covers for it.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

no318

I have a good buddy seat that I would sell for $100 shipped to you (lower 48 states).  PM if you are interested.

69charger440

Where you located?!! Maybe San Diego!!!? Well I have a buddy seat I would almost give away. It need recovered!!
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

Lord Warlock

If you're talking to the OP, don't want to get in the way, but if someone has a 69 buddy seat they want to give or sell, let me know via pm or email.  I already have the new cover for the top and bottom, i'm only interested in whats inside.  I also misplaced the plastic piece that goes around the back end covering the slit in material that has bolt holes on the sides, color isn't important, i can redye it.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Dilberts69Charger

I have a buddy seat, but still need the mounting bracket for it. Any ideas?