News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART - MY STOLEN 69 RT

Started by 70 Charger RT, June 04, 2009, 08:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 Charger RT

A few years ago I had finished restoring my 69 RT that I picked up in Californina.  Weeeeeelllll, on the weekend, it got stolen from where I store it at my acreage.  I can understand wanting to go for a joy ride, but why do what they did?  What a waste.  I guess I better get busy on restoring my 70.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

70 Charger RT

more
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

hemi68charger

OMG !!!!!!  What a freakin' shame........... Dude, I feel for ya...... Hope you catch the bastards...........  Will insurance cover the car for a replacement?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

:puke: :bawling: :rant:

Sorry to hear about that man, what a waste.

Dans 68

Damn them. Keep us apprised on the hunt for the low life scum that did this....  :rotz:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

terrible one

Wow. What's the story behind it all as far as you know? I take it they intentionally torched the car. That's horrible man. People like that should be taken and shot in the face.

70 Charger RT

QuoteWill insurance cover the car for a replacement?
Yes.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: terrible one on June 04, 2009, 08:59:02 AM
Wow. What's the story behind it all as far as you know? I take it they intentionally torched the car. That's horrible man. People like that should be taken and shot in the face.

I think the throat would be more suiting.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70 Charger RT

Yes I believe they torched it intentionally.  I had no enemies either... until now.  Bolt cutters will go a long way.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

WingCharger

suntech

Oh my god!!!!! Hope they get caught, and PUNISHED!!! Really feel with you Dude.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

PocketThunder

NO WAY!!!  I remember when you got that car.  what a damn shame...   :RantExplode:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

r_biccum

:cryin: That was a gorgeous car. Unfortunately, the reason the little punks torched it is so there would be no prints, so they wont get caught. Even if someone saw them driving the car, its hearsay. But at least you had insurance on it. Shame shame shame.  :eek2:
1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

70 Charger RT

Some of you may remember the car before I finished it.  See below.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

terrible one

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on June 04, 2009, 09:09:13 AM
Some of you may remember the car before I finished it.  See below.

Wow I remember the thread you made on that car upon getting it home! That's so wild . . .

Tilar

Man that sure takes the wind out of your sails. I hope they catch the punks. All I can say is they will reap what they sow. Sooner or later it will catch up with them.

What a shame.   :flame:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69*F5*SE

I'm very sorry to hear and see what happened to your car.  They'll get their's one day.  I hope it's in HELL  :flame:

bull

Everybody says this but I really don't understand how someone could do that. It makes no sense to a sane, logical mind.

1BAD68

WTF! Thats horrible, I'm sorry for your loss.
They should be shot in the eye's with a cross bow.

Nacho-RT74

Oh God! Oh God! Oh God!!!. I can't believe it!!!

And not because is a Charger... could it be ANYTHING, and still is amazing!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

skip68

:flame:   I'm so sorry.   :flame:   Shoot them ?  NO !     I would take my time with them.   :yesnod:   Nice and slow.    :scratchchin:   I think they should be tied in a car and torched with it.     :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:   I hope you don't let this stop you from getting another charger.    Again, so sorry to see this.    :'(
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69bronzeT5

Wow man, I'm sooooo sorry to hear this. I can't believe it. I've always liked that car. I was originally gonna say maybe somebody who came to look at it when it was for sale came back and stole it...but the torched part dosen't add up with that. Those bastards should be hung by their balls! :RantExplode: :flame: :brickwall:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

paulgrr63

Thats awful :'( I hope you catch the bastards that did this :flame: :flame:

1970Moparmann

Find out who the bastard(s) are and I'm sure we can get some members here go and kick some ass. :grouphug: :poke:  What a freak'in waste.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!