News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Heater Box Door

Started by Projekts, May 30, 2009, 01:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Projekts

So when I was cleaning my heater box the handle for the flap door came out. Judging by the rust pattern and the fact that it is not a clean break it looks like there was something holding these two pieces together, but I don't know for sure. Additionally does anyone know where I can find a blower motor resistor.

jar1292

sorry for your luck! I will look at mine tamarro afternoon and see whats on it for ya ive been needin an excuse to tear into it!
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

Projekts

Thanks I appreciate it. I checked the other flap, there is a clip on that side as well, but it looks like it is supposed to be one piece. At least it broke on the bench, time to fab something up.

bull

No, that's a one-piece bar that apparently just snapped off (assuming it's the same as a '68 which I'm pretty sure it is). Looks like it's time to break out the welder or try to find a good used one. I imagine the door got stuck and someone kept trying to force it over the years.

Also, what's wrong with your resistor?

Projekts

One of the bridges on the resistor has been claimed by rust and it's not making good contact. I can find one in the junkyard providing the years are pretty interchangeable.

bull

Quote from: Projekts on June 01, 2009, 11:10:14 AM
One of the bridges on the resistor has been claimed by rust and it's not making good contact. I can find one in the junkyard providing the years are pretty interchangeable.

I think they are pretty interchangeable. And it's easy to get to which is nice.