News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 speed bolt sizes

Started by c00nhunterjoe, May 26, 2009, 09:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

all my remaining parts will be here thrusday so i am trying to get my hardware lined up. any help is appreciated.

flywheel to crank-                  6 bolts 7/16 x20. what length?
pressure plate-                      6 bolts size and length?
bell housing fork pivot bracket- 2 bolts, size and length?
bell housing to engine-            will auto trans bolts work?
trans to bell housing-              4 bolts, size and length?
bell housing dust shield-           5 bolts, size and length

i have the shifter mounts and hardware, i have pedal hardware, i have crossmember hardware and mount, i assume the starter bolts are the same. is there anything else that i may be forgetting? thanks for the help

maxwellwedge

I would buy the proper bolts for the first 2 items from MP. They are unique and I wouldn't chance anything but the proper harware there. Frank Badalson and others have the proper last 3 items.

gtx6970

I'm going to assume Big block  ?
flywheel to crank-                  6 bolts = 7/16"-20 x 7/8"
pressure plate-                      6 bolts = 3/8"-16 x 1" ( requires a lockwasher as well )
bell housing fork pivot bracket- 2 bolts, size and length?  I think they're 5/16"-18 x 5/8"  :Twocents:
bell housing to engine-           4 top ones = 3/8"-16 x 1-1/4"
bell housing to engine-           2 bottom ones = 1 @ 7/16"-14x1-3/4'   AND  1 @ 7/16"-14 X 2"
trans to bell housing-              4 bolts = 7/16"-14 x 1-7/16"
bell housing dust shield-           5 bolts = 5/16"-18 x 3/4"

c00nhunterjoe

thanks for the post. i can get the bolts in grade 8 or better. that will finish up my "need" list