News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shhhhhh, It's alive

Started by mikepmcs, May 25, 2009, 08:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

:woohoo:  It's about time.   :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Yup it's running and almost whole again. Spent most of the day lining up the fenders and installing the hood and tweaking the front body as much as I'm going to.  It's almost a driver again.  The grille took quite a while shifting, adjusting, loosening, readjusting, but.... I had a lot of fun today just me and the old Charger.  Next is the bumper brackets/bumper and valance.  I still have to tighten the grille support in the center and that will take a little patience as well. Bumper bracket on the driver side appears to be a tiny bit tweaked because of how close it comes the bottom of the grille.  I figured no sense pushing it today.  I still have the rear end out(3.91's going in)  Yesterday I gave the chunk a good once over and cleaned up the pinion end, installed a new seal, greased er up and that's ready to go back in once I get the thrust spacers I just ordered.  Did a little wet sanding yesterday and will most likely do a little of that tomorrow night after I screw with the bumper.

I actually am in need of a few things so I'll post here and then post in the parts wanted section.  
- both red reflectors for the rear.  (mine are busted)
- both fender mounted hood stops/adjusters(I forgot to take them off when I got rid of my other fenders).
- passenger rear qtr window "c" trim(tail of the drip rail trim)

Thanks
v/r
Mike

69bronzeT5

Took 'ya long enough Mike! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :nana:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

I know, bring it on, I deserve it. :eek2:

It still isn't all done yet, but it's a heck of a lot closer.

mopar_nut_440_6

That is great news Mike! Woo hoo big smoky donuts coming soon!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

tan top

thats great  Mike  :yesnod:  looking forward to seeing more pictures   :yesnod: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mike I might have a spare corner trim sitting in my garage....Ill let you know what side it is...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mike the one I have is for the drivers side.....sorry bro :(
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Chris,
Thank you for looking.   

mikepmcs

I'm good on the drip rail trim, I just hammered out and fixed my existing one and installed the drip rail correctly(PO installed drip rail trim underneath "C" trim)
I'm good on the hood bumpers.  Got a whole underhood kit off ebay for $18 last night.
Still need 2 red markerflectors.

Wet sanded some more tonight then started messing with drip rail on both sides.  Drip rail appears to have been a BK job(remember Jeff's drip rail...yeah I can rival that one) There is now a small crack right behind the "C" trim on the driver side where the drip edge was fu#$in bondo'd on.
I was adjusting the edge so my driver side c trim could fit and crack...... holy sh$#balls.  Anyway, both sides are at least installed correctly now.
Up to the front to finish securing the grille support.  Raised the grille up a little so my hood is off again.  I'll be massaging the hood release assembly to make everything fit the way I need it to.
I'm doing a real nice 3 point resto on it and it should be ready for the crusher here pretty soon.   :lol:

mikepmcs

Still going.  Grille, valance, bumper, etc... all in and aligned as good as he's gonna get. Car is mostly just waiting for a buff now and a little cutting here and there.
Still waiting on my thrust spacers that I got off ebay so I can put the rear end in.  I'll be cleaning up the rear end housing and prep for the gasket tonight and also putting in the turn signals.  Maybe screw with this NSS issue again as I leave it unplugged because my reverse lights come on in drive.  Timing and tune the carb after I clean the crap out of it with C&C Clean.

Also, still need 2 red rear markers if anyone has a set they would like to part with.  Both mine are broke in half.

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

:leaving:

Charger-Bodie

closer and closer all the time!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Thrust spacers must have come in the mail yesterday.  They were in my box today so I stuffed the chunk in there and got the rear back together, wheels on etc...... went through the gears for a bit....seems to be working pretty well. 
Went back out and started buffing again just to keep plugging away.  I need another wool pad or two.. I have to stop once the pad gets too caked(bad word, just to wet for my liking)  So I'll just wait til tomorrow night.  Gonna be a long week because I have to work late every night.  I guess my plan is to buff a little each night.  The pushbar is not all the way on yet(only one side is tacked)  I spent about 3 hours lining it up today using jack stands, wood, my knees.... :lol:  I stopped welding due to getting late and I like to give it ample time to see if something is going to flash. 

Put the passenger door pad on as well just now.  Looks decent and is 100% better than what was on there.  If anyone has a driver pad core that they want to donate I'd appreciate it. ;D
I pulled the vinyl back on the pass door pad that was on the car and holy sh$# I think it came from BK!  The hack that did the interior actually put bondo in the relief portions of the padding...yes, bondo under the vinyl covering.  I cant' get the lines perfect on the one I did but I'm happy with it and it fits perfectly now where the one that was on there ripped within a week of opening and shutting the door.

jb666

WOW Mike, that looks GREAT!! You did the paint work yourself on this??? I'm impressed!! I wish I saw this sooner..

I'd give you all of the parts you needed, but you know the condition of the things that came off my car, sorry man.

:drool5:

mikepmcs

jb666

Well ALL RIGHT Mike, he's looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've been busting your butt out there, great job!!!!!!!!!!

mikepmcs

Almost there, tomorrow, clean it up some more and hopefully :drive: thursday.  Still need a couple things though and to tighten some stuff here and there. 
Put another NSS in there and it still shines the reverse lights in drive. :shruggy:  That friggin thing is driving me crazy.  My shifter is adjusted correctly so I'm up for other suggestions.

jb666

Well post some more pics!!!

mikepmcs

That's it til it actually goes outside.  Gotta fix the garage door so I can open it(spring broke) 
That's how long it's been in there. :lol:

mikepmcs

Here ya go Jeff and gang.  I'm posting on my new dell mini 10 so cut me alittle slack as I try this out.  Lots of high tech stuff going on here in the last 20 minutes.  I'm getting cable internet back so they cut my dsl already those bastards. Good timing getting the laptop and air card.  :icon_smile_big:  That's all your fault BTW Jeff. :lol:

mikepmcs

:2thumbs: