News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Push the '68 Hemi out in the driveway, Boy, she's lookin' good

Started by hemi68charger, May 23, 2009, 02:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 23, 2009, 11:02:18 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on May 23, 2009, 10:52:26 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 23, 2009, 09:48:47 PM
Looking VERY Nice!  :2thumbs:

Thanks..... I"ll trade ya for a wing......  :icon_smile_big:
As I was typing earlier, I saw that one coming. :whistling:   :icon_smile_cool:

:smilielol:   I'm so predictable.. Between Danny and I, you have us pegged....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   should sell very easy and you will be cruising a daytona soon
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Quoteshould sell very easy and you will be cruising a daytona soon

beautiful car . great color :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

resq302

Blah.  What a piece of ..   Nah, I can't say it.  Besides, I was only going to be kidding anyway.  That car is amazing.  Definitely top notch work.  Did you do the painting yourself or did you have a body shop do that?  I can't remember its been so long.  Wing cars are nice as I would love to own one myself but as far as driveability, I don't think it would be as fun since I've heard they do not get enough air flow cruising around town to keep the engine cool.

I agree.  Screw the wing car and just keep Dana.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

devilgear

Ah man that car sucks...I have never seen a worse ride...I pity you................Dang I could not even get through that without laughing...HAHAHAH Wow what an awesome color...I know if I ordered a new one that is the color I would have got...Great car...

hemi68charger

Been working on the heater box today... Made some progress.. Here's the front with the stamp I had made that duplicates the original part number.. Think it came out pretty good......... I'm waiting on the back fan impeller to dry and then I'll have the back together and finished...

Well..
Got her done.....

PS: Anyone know of a source for the Heater Motor Vent Tube between the heater core body and the fan blower motor? Mine could use replacement. It's usable, but would prefer a better one....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Needa68

Troy,

She is looking quite beautiful. Say where did you get the tail panel R/T emblem? Is that a repop or a resto of the original?
Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com

69_500

Ah so its on wheels and rolling now. Should be able to swap for a Daytona any day now. If I had a Daytona, I'd wouldn't swap you for it though.  :smilielol: Because then I'd be back in the same boat I am in now, WANTING A DAYTONA.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on May 25, 2009, 06:43:31 AM
Ah so its on wheels and rolling now. Should be able to swap for a Daytona any day now. If I had a Daytona, I'd wouldn't swap you for it though.  :smilielol: Because then I'd be back in the same boat I am in now, WANTING A DAYTONA.

Well, I do now have an offer for a done version, but it involves Dana as well......
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: Needa68 on May 25, 2009, 06:17:41 AM
Troy,

She is looking quite beautiful. Say where did you get the tail panel R/T emblem? Is that a repop or a resto of the original?

It's a reproduction I got years ago.....
Troy

69*F5*SE

Troy, what's the deal with those rolling stilts you had the car on, still need them for your next project or?    :shruggy:

69_500

Troy if its Dana and the 68 for a done Daytona, then I'd be very tempted if it was me personally. Depending on the color and options of the Daytona of course. If it was for a 4 speed car then it would be a no brainer for me. Although in this scenario i"m playing with house money as its not my cars that are being dealt away. Being as I can only honestly say what I'd do with my 500, i'd drop it in a second for a Daytona.

Charger_Fan

It's nice to see all your hard work finally coming together Troy, it looks fantastic! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

bzabodyn

Been MIA for a while (finished building new house/moving in) - man, you've made some progress Troy!  The Hemi Charger looks great in the light of day!

My project has been slowed a bit (waiting on prototyping roof replacement panel) but we're still at it...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

RAC95054

It's looking pretty sweet, Troy.  I'm not sure I'd be able to part with it either, unless the Daytona was the same color... like the one that's been for sale in SoCal for a while now.  -Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

PocketThunder

Do all 68 R/T's have the bumble bee stripe?  Or were some 68 R/T's ordered stripe delete?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 27, 2009, 01:17:26 PM
Do all 68 R/T's have the bumble bee stripe?  Or were some 68 R/T's ordered stripe delete?

Nope.. My '68 is actually a stripe delete car...........
Troy

Troy

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 27, 2009, 01:17:26 PM
Both of mine are stripe delete. In 68 it meant exactly that - no stripe. There weren't any extra badges like the 69s.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BigBlockSam

QuoteNope.. My '68 is actually a stripe delete car...........

so is mine  :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Beep Beep Dave

The wheels look great on the car, can't wait til you get the grille in.
Sure is coming along nicely :2thumbs:
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

BBKNARF

68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.