News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vaccum leak

Started by slyfox, May 18, 2009, 04:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyfox

Hi, Well I've been reading about vac. leaks, i put my hand over the carb. when ideling, and it started to chock, when warm, i have a 383 4 brl, rebuilt, 750 holley, where are all the places to check for vac. leak? Brake booster, intake , carb. am i missing any?  Thanks for all your help .   Sly

John_Kunkel

Do you think you have a leak? Have you hooked up a gauge for an actual reading?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

slyfox

I think i have a leak, very hard to start when sitting for a week, i took the air breather off, to see if it would start better, no, same problem, lots of gas, i have to pump it alot for it to kick in, flames shout out of it a few times, when it does start, i have to keep foot on gas pedal until it warm up, brought the ideling up a bit, it starts good when at normal temp., but does run rough sometimes when at a stop light, doen't hesitate, or bog down,       Sly

slyfox

No i haven't hook up any vac. gauge on it. 

mikepmcs

sounds like you have a choke problem to me.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

slyfox

I don't have a choke on it, plan to put a manual one on next week,

Back N Black

Yep, I think a choke will make a big difference.  :Twocents:

Bossman963

well your problem I think would be resolved w/ a choke set up, as far as the car sitting for a week or so as its comman for a holley to have the gas evoprate from the carb, mine does the same.
Do you live in a high humidity area or extreme heat ?? I dont think you have a vacuum leak if after its warm there seems to be no running issues
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS