News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

does a wing produce a typical sound?

Started by CB, May 16, 2009, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

I read it in a collectors car related book that the wing of the Charger produces a very typical sound?
Is this correct?
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mikepmcs

Yeah, it sounds like this..... $ cha-ching $    ;D
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

resq302

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 16, 2009, 06:33:15 PM
Yeah, it sounds like this..... $ cha-ching $    ;D

:rofl: :smilielol: :lol:  Now that is funny as hell.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Rolling_Thunder

never noticed it when I was driving my boss's Superbird...     it did make the ass end of the car feel heavy compared to a road runner though  :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

it might, but i've never ridden in the trunk with the lid open to hear it.

suffice to say it doesn't scream at you when you're driving.  it'd be an interesting excuse for someone to do a flyby in the car so I could hear it...any volunteers?   ;)

Ghoste

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Wingnut426

Only sound my wings make is when I smack my head into it while going for something in the trunk.  Kind of a hollow thud, but maybe thats from my head!             Wingnut

HEMI Daytona Convertible

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on May 17, 2009, 11:40:10 PM
it might, but i've never ridden in the trunk with the lid open to hear it.

suffice to say it doesn't scream at you when you're driving.  it'd be an interesting excuse for someone to do a flyby in the car so I could hear it...any volunteers?   ;)
just ride with me ( or pete ) in the back seat with the top down , much easier    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hey pete you got the convertible running again yet   :shruggy: :shruggy:

FJ5WING

the topless cars change the argument. give me a minute and Ill come up with one. :nana:
wingless now, but still around.

wingcar

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for quite some time...

Way.......back when I owned my Hemi Superbird, I never noticed any extra noise being emitted, even at high speeds.  At low speed I did notice a high pitched laughter from other drivers from time to time.  (By the way, the same idiots that would give their right arm for one today).   Other than the very visual aspect, the only real benefit I remember was during the passing of 18-wheelers, and the lack of that side push you got as you were passing their cabs.  The uprights really kept the rear end planted and as a result kept the car moving straight as an arrow. 
There of course was a second use for the high wing...it made for a nice "seat" during cruise night.  Long before I really understood that this was really not that good for the overall condition of the car by climbing up and down on the thing....my friend and I would sit on the wing to watch the parade of cars cruising by...Funny thing was that when I sold the car...the buyer was surprised to see stress cracks under the wing, and questioned the reason for them....then it came to me...my trunk uprights had been removed...I guess I was lucky I didn't pull the bolts right through the top of the fenders!
(Live and learn...)       
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: wingcar on May 18, 2009, 01:53:10 PM

Way.......back when I owned my Hemi Superbird, I never noticed any extra noise being emitted, even at high speeds.  At low speed I did notice a high pitched laughter from other drivers from time to time.  (By the way, the same idiots that would give their right arm for one today).   Other than the very visual aspect, the only real benefit I remember was during the passing of 18-wheelers, and the lack of that side push you got as you were passing their cabs.  The uprights really kept the rear end planted and as a result kept the car moving straight as an arrow. 
There of course was a second use for the high wing...it made for a nice "seat" during cruise night.  Long before I really understood that this was really not that good for the overall condition of the car by climbing up and down on the thing....my friend and I would sit on the wing to watch the parade of cars cruising by...Funny thing was that when I sold the car...the buyer was surprised to see stress cracks under the wing, and questioned the reason for them....then it came to me...my trunk uprights had been removed...I guess I was lucky I didn't pull the bolts right through the top of the fenders!
(Live and learn...)       

Hi Wingcar. welcome to the board!
BTW - I'm glad you like the pic of my car (that's my pic in your sig)

As for the wing - I put my kids up there all the time!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hotrod98

I thought that the pic was of your car. I wasn't going to say anything.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

wingcar

I used the picture because I can't find a picture of my wingcar that I like....when I do, I will change it...BUT I love that picture of your Daytona with the flag of the greatest country on earth behind it... :2thumbs:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

hotrod98

I've always liked that picture as well. Makes a great avatar.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on May 18, 2009, 11:52:27 PM
Quote from: wingcar on May 18, 2009, 01:53:10 PM

Way.......back when I owned my Hemi Superbird, I never noticed any extra noise being emitted, even at high speeds.  At low speed I did notice a high pitched laughter from other drivers from time to time.  (By the way, the same idiots that would give their right arm for one today).   Other than the very visual aspect, the only real benefit I remember was during the passing of 18-wheelers, and the lack of that side push you got as you were passing their cabs.  The uprights really kept the rear end planted and as a result kept the car moving straight as an arrow. 
(Live and learn...)       

me too , I had two people yelling at me on my car domain account to get that kid down off my car LOL