News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist 'Ean' Evans dies at 48

Started by my73charger, May 08, 2009, 09:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

Man Billy Powell passed away in January and now Ean (who replaced Leon Wilkeson when he passed in 2001).  I wonder at what point the band hangs it up.  I am counting 8 band members that have died since 1977: Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Cassie Gaines, Allen Collins, Leon Wilkeson, Hughie Thomasson, Billy Powell and Ean Evans.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=407785&gt1=28102

mikesbbody

That sucks not exactly "over the hill" at 48 years old  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

jaak

Makes you wonder why they use the name Lynyrd Skynyrd...there is one member left in the group, Gary Rossington. I remember a few years back when Artimus Pyle left, there was a big ordeal about using the Skynyrd name, because when a contract was made (Ronnie Van Zants wife has legal control of the band) It was stated that 3 living members have to be in the band to use the name.. at that time it was Gary and Billy, I guess all that blew over though. If Artimus came back, then Ed King that would be 3 members again.

Jason

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

General_01

Very sad. Only 48. :rotz:

Quote from: jaak on May 09, 2009, 04:02:44 PM
Makes you wonder why they use the name Lynyrd Skynyrd...there is one member left in the group, Gary Rossington. I remember a few years back when Artimus Pyle left, there was a big ordeal about using the Skynyrd name, because when a contract was made (Ronnie Van Zants wife has legal control of the band) It was stated that 3 living members have to be in the band to use the name.. at that time it was Gary and Billy, I guess all that blew over though. If Artimus came back, then Ed King that would be 3 members again.

Jason

That ended because she gets part of the tour money now, so no minimum member requirement.

Everybody, including me, loves the old stuff. Isn't it ironoic that the new creation has been around since 1991 while the original version was around from '73-'77.

The newer version does have some highlights:

Pure and Simple
Keeping the Faith
Mama(Afraid to say Goodbye)
One Thing
Can't Take That Away
Kiss Your Freedom Goodbye
Devil In The Bottle
Workin'
Tomorrow's Goodbye
Pick 'em Up
Red, White and Blue
That's How I like It

These are all great songs I like to listen to by Skynyrd also. They are working on a new album right now and have signed a deal with a new record company. They plan on releasing the new album later this year.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jaak

Quote from: General_01 on May 09, 2009, 08:34:22 PM
Very sad. Only 48. :rotz:

Quote from: jaak on May 09, 2009, 04:02:44 PM

Jason

That ended because she gets part of the tour money now, so no minimum member requirement.

Everybody, including me, loves the old stuff. Isn't it ironoic that the new creation has been around since 1991 while the original version was around from '73-'77.

The newer version does have some highlights:

Pure and Simple
Keeping the Faith
Mama(Afraid to say Goodbye)
One Thing
Can't Take That Away
Kiss Your Freedom Goodbye
Devil In The Bottle
Workin'
Tomorrow's Goodbye
Pick 'em Up
Red, White and Blue
That's How I like It

These are all great songs I like to listen to by Skynyrd also. They are working on a new album right now and have signed a deal with a new record company. They plan on releasing the new album later this year.

I wasn't knocking their new stuff, just was wondering about the minimum requirement ordeal...money always changes folks mind.

Later,
Jason