News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

***The New Star Trek Movie Thread***Not a spoiler, but talk of the trailer***

Started by Khyron, May 07, 2009, 09:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Great fraking flick! The even included a "reason" why everything has changed, though the die hards will most likely not like it. I loved it.... 5 stars and a must see for Sci Fi fans... even if you are not a Star Trek fan.

The new redesign of the Enterprise comes across great on screen, though I was a bit weirded out with the online pics, she looks much better in real life. You get to see how the crew met and there is a lot of humor involved that people who are not familiar with the original will chuckle at... but though old school fans will out right laugh at.

Scotty cracked me up. :lol:

Must see!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

good, i'm a fan from the olden days... 1966 when it was the high point of my life to sit with a strawbery soda and some red vines...  :shruggy: the doomsday machine was my favorite episode..

Khyron

it's funny you should mention the doomsday machine........................

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

i'm going to see the movie in about a half hour...  :popcrn:   :2thumbs: now ya' done gave it away,.. huh?..  :RantExplode:

bull

Quote from: Khyron on May 07, 2009, 11:45:10 PM
it's funny you should mention the doomsday machine........................

Was that the giant cornucopia-looking thing that flew around eating everything in its path?

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 07, 2009, 11:59:14 PM
i'm going to see the movie in about a half hour...  :popcrn:   :2thumbs: now ya' done gave it away,.. huh?..  :RantExplode:

Well s**t!  :brickwall:  Change that title to be spoiler alert!  :slap:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Khyron

heheh it's not a spoiler. I would never do that. If you have seen any of the trailers you know there is a huge ship involved ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BrianShaughnessy

Want to go see it... but it's not at the $6 theater uptown this week.   :shruggy:   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Khyron on May 07, 2009, 09:19:48 PM
Great fraking flick! The even included a "reason" why everything has changed, though the die hards will most likely not like it. I loved it.... 5 stars and a must see for Sci Fi fans... even if you are not a Star Trek fan.

The new redesign of the Enterprise comes across great on screen, though I was a bit weirded out with the online pics, she looks much better in real life. You get to see how the crew met and there is a lot of humor involved that people who are not familiar with the original will chuckle at... but though old school fans will out right laugh at.

Scotty cracked me up. :lol:

Must see!

DAMN!! You got to see the real ship??  :o

That'd be like going back to the Dodge assembly line in the late 60's watching them shove Hemis into Chargers.

:lol:  There's a few drive-ins near me that might be showing this movie, I think I'll plan a ride tomorrow.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TruckDriver

I loved the original series so much I watched the reruns so much, I burnt myself out on watching them now. I even loved the second generation Star Trek series. Deep Space Nine & Voyager, not so much. But I really do wanna see the new movie. I really think the creators of the movie, did a excellent job in finding newer actors, that look like the original Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. Well, at least fairly close. I recognise one of the voices in the preview from one of the older Star Treks too (not sure from 1st or 2nd generation). One of them that is talking to Kirk. My oldest son who never liked anything Star Trek even wants to see the movie. But I'm going to wait for the dvd to come out before we will see it.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

I saw it and it was good,.. probably better then just good, o.k. I'll go ahead and say GREAT! Alot of action, alot of jokes in the dialoge that can be taken two ways... i think the writers and directors knew how the audience would compare the old and new and said "what if we do this",.. "and really give them a jolt",.. alot of markers from the original series,.. even the guy in the red shirt in the "away" team...  :lol: i really liked that one scene in the transporter room, that sure made my eyebrow go up...  :lol: it's still stuck...  :D
scotty only comes in the last 10 minutes of the movie which was my only complaint that all these newbie recruits and "found" folks are suddenly a well oiled machine but whatever, that's only my old geezer voice of expericance knowing how stuff really works...
   It was alot of fun felt like i had actually gone somewhere rather then just sitting in a ultrasuade chair and eating Haggan Daaz,...  Folks clapped loudly when it was over... we didn't get out of the theater till 2:10 AM,..
that was a trip... I was beat.

TYou'll love it and I wish i could give more away, but I know you'll enjoy it more if you see it cold,..
One more thing,.. I think it was Cody driving the Vette off the cliff..  :rotz:

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TheAutoArchaeologist

I downloaded it and thought it was terrible, if I had wanted to see another Star Wars movie, I would have gone and seen Clone Wars.

But that's me.

Ryan

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bull

TheGhost

Anyone else find it ironic as hell that Devil downloads pirated movies, and yet complains about people using car pictures without asking?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

A383Wing

Quote from: TheGhost on May 09, 2009, 03:21:42 AM
Anyone else find it ironic as hell that Devil downloads pirated movies, and yet complains about people using car pictures without asking?

Yea..I noticed that also

Brock Samson

TheAutoArchaeologist

Actually my buddy downloaded it and brought it over to watch it.  I thought we were going to watching Iron Man (good movie, saw it today).  Instead he brought over Trek.

Still didn't make it a good movie.

Ryan

superbee383

I saw it last night and thought that they used every cliche in the book, but it was very clever the way they took the old plotline and allowed themselves a way to rewrite the story from the beginning.  When you see it you'll understand.  At first it was, "hey... that can't happen...", but now it can.  They're not locked into anything the way the story was written. 
71 Superbee
04 Avalanche Z66
04 Jaguar XJ8

Khyron

Quote from: Devil on May 09, 2009, 06:08:49 PM
Actually my buddy downloaded it and brought it over to watch it.  I thought we were going to watching Iron Man Ryan

ohh that makes it better.  :eyes:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

If your buddy downloaded it and brought it over, why did you first say you downloaded it?

A383Wing

Quote from: TheGhost on May 09, 2009, 08:53:31 PM
If your buddy downloaded it and brought it over, why did you first say you downloaded it?

Ya beat me to it...  :scratchchin:

TheAutoArchaeologist

It is easier just to say I downloaded it then to type out a long explanation about my friend downloading it, bringing it over instead of Iron Man, etc, etc...