News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 Speedo Gear

Started by Lee A, May 06, 2009, 07:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee A

Where can I find a speedo gear that has 34 teeth on it to make my speedometer the right speed
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Ghoste

From your friendly Dodge dealer.

62 Max

Ghoste

Wow, they've gone up a hell of a lot then since the last time I bought one. 

Nacho-RT74

ebay had tem on $35 rate
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

greenpigs

try year one or mancinis
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

terrible one

Go with Ebay, you'll usually find them in lots (used) where they let you choose the one you need after you buy. Find out the teeth you need then search Ebay motors. I got the one I needed for $16 plus shipping.

motoreese

I have a 69 Dodge Charger and I put new tires on it now my speedometer is off. Im kinda OCD about little things like that.
Its only like 5mph at 65 but id still like to fix it. Anyone know what size gear comes stock and what size I need to go to?
Thank you fellas!

JamieZ

Depends on tire size and rear end ratio.  This chart gets posted on a lot of Mopar forums:

A383Wing

Quote from: motoreese on February 02, 2014, 09:03:42 PM
I have a 69 Dodge Charger and I put new tires on it now my speedometer is off. Im kinda OCD about little things like that.
Its only like 5mph at 65 but id still like to fix it. Anyone know what size gear comes stock and what size I need to go to?
Thank you fellas!

5mph off which way? If your speedo is reading faster, then you need a one tooth larger speedo gear to slow it down.

If it's reading slower, you need a smaller gear...

you will need to know what gear you have in there now by looking at it and go from there

randy73

PATC in La. has them, I got one for $35+

Dino

I bought mine off ebay, the guy had tons of them for less than $20 if I remember.  I'll try to find it but it's been a while.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.