News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I found a mans body today while taking Charger pictures in the desert. !!!!!!!!!

Started by skip68, May 04, 2009, 10:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Tuffy, out of all the years on this site and the old one, I've only done that one April fools prank about my car.  No others.   This is something you don't joke about.   :rotz:   I still love you tuffy.   :pity:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 05, 2009, 05:45:44 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on May 05, 2009, 05:38:12 PM

You have my number if you want to talk.

Mike

Everybody has each other's numbers except for me! All I have is Doug (69CoronetRT), Brian (1hot68) and Shelby ;)

at least you have Shelby's number...        I think all I have it Pete's (Autodynamics)

I feel soo left out    =(
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

TUFCAT

Chuck brother, oh my gosh!  This must be very sad and shocking for you. When I got to page 4 I figured it must be real.....UGH.  :'(

skip68

Actually,  I feel fine now.   It's been three days and I'm over it.  :2thumbs:  I'm a bleeder, but I recover quick.  :smilielol:   It was the first night and the next day that was pretty hard to get out of my mind.   I know a lot of you guys here deal with this for a living and my hat goes off too you.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

FLG

Sorry to hear about it, but glad your better.

BTW, the site she mentioned was probably http://www.flickr.com/

69bronzeT5

Quote from: FLG on May 07, 2009, 12:32:39 PM
Sorry to hear about it, but glad your better.

BTW, the site she mentioned was probably http://www.flickr.com/

Don't think it was that one. I went on, searched "General Lee", "General Lee Nevada" and some other tags...anything posted after May 3rd and nothing came up regarding this incident.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

FLG

Might or might not be, figured from what he said it might be thats the only site i can come up with that comes close.

skip68

I looked all over too! Tags like General Lee/Red Rock, GL/reststop, General Lee/Crimescene, you name it!  :shruggy: :shruggy: Weird!  :scratchchin:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

mikepmcs

Most likely in the obit section tomorrow or the next day. I'm sure they won't make a big thing about it for a couple reasons.  First, don't want to give attention to a self termination and Second, Las Vegas is the suicide capital of the US.  Rate is about 1 per day, so, as sad as it is to say, not a hot news topic.  I'm sure it's on some sleezy upstart somewhere or will be soon.  I thought the same thing Frank did.  Flickr would be just the site to host such a thing.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

KS71owner

Someone found a body near my shop a few years ago, I didn't see it but I did experience something sorta similar when I first moved to KS. I was working for a cleaning company part time while I looked at schools, and we got a call to clean up a crime scene. An armed robbery at a convenience store where the clerk had been murdered. We got there and the place was covered in fingerprint powder and the clerk's blood on the floor and counter. I started looking for a new job shortly after that. The blood didn't bother me like I thought it would, but I think the fact that it was a murder scene is what made it feel weird to me.

bk72

when i was really young there were people shooting each other about a block up the street and one of the bullets went in the second floor window in my sisters bed. if she was in bed she would most likely not be here now.

skip68

Kind of like what KS71 said.   :yesnod:   It was the creepy thing that got me the most.  The way he was sitting was facing the door and it looked as if he was looking at me.   :scared:    That night I kept opening my eyes every so often because I thought about it and felt like I was being watched.   Sounds crazy huh ?     :scratchchin:   Damn, I bet he had more money in his wallet than me and I never looked.   :brickwall:      Just kidding guys.  Now I know I'm back and OK.   :2thumbs:    Flicker,  I think that's what she said.   :shruggy:    Does anybody know if the media can get my info from the police report ?   I did find out today like Mike said that this is the suicide city and the media DOES NOT report them unless it is in a public place.   This was a major public place (state park) with family tourists coming and going all day.    :rotz:    I bet by the next few days it will be out.   I just hope no photos of me and/or my car will be shown.   

Back N Black

oldgold69

sorry you had to see that. its never easy i witnessed 5 people get killed in a car truck accident   there were 9 people in the car.   time heals all

Silver R/T

That would be bad to be in that kind of situation, hopefully you won't have nightmares or something.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722