News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I found a mans body today while taking Charger pictures in the desert. !!!!!!!!!

Started by skip68, May 04, 2009, 10:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

At least you didn't find him after he had been there for 4 days, or something. :eek2:
You did the right thing though, I hope you can get it out of your mind soon.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mrs.Skip68

Just wanted to thank you all for your kind words to Chuck. You all are fantastic people, and we appreciate it!  :2thumbs: He's talked to me about it a little more in detail than he's put on the board. (Out of respect) I'm glad that the kids and I were not with him when he discovered the man. That could of been very traumatic on my kids. Chuck still has a bit of a upset stomach, and is a little bit in shock, but he's a strong man and will work it out. We have to go by there in a bit to pick up my paycheck, so it's going to be an interesting ride. Anyway's, thanks again for the support!!! You guys rock!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

firefighter3931

Chuck, sorry to you to witness the aftermath of this tragedy. Realize that there is absolutely nothing you could have possibly done to prevent it and move on. Having worked in the mental health field for many years (as well as Firefighting) i can tell you with absolute certainty that once somebody commits to self-termination there is not much you can do to stop them....they will find a way.   :P

You did the right thing by sticking around and preventing others from seeing the aftermath. Show's some intestinal fortitude and Character.  :2thumbs:

Now the Chuckmobile has been involved in a crime scene   :patrol:....that car is going to have a colorful history.  :lol:

Ron

Ps. If you need to talk just pm me. I've seen just about every possible way a person can die and seen way too many corpses to remember them all.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

THE CHARGER PUNK

thats messed up just a few weeks ago this kid who i went 2 school with was really drunk at a party n put a shotgun in his mouth n pulled the trigger with his toe, suicide just isnt the way 2 go....sad

General_01

That is a bummer Chuck. Sorry you had to see that. :rotz: Good job keeping others from seeing the scene. Keep your head up Chuck. You are a super being, but even you couldn't have prevented this from happening. Take care of yourself.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

mikepmcs

You're a strong man.  You did all the right things and nothing you could do about the selfish SOB that left his mess for you to find. 
You were the right man for the job, you were in the right place, and at the right time.  Hold your head up, tighten your belt and move on proudly.  You now know you can handle one of the most extreme pressures to be put on a human.  That is why I hold the Military, Firemen, and the Police, as well as others like yourself,  in very high regard.
You have my number if you want to talk.
Love you man!

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 05, 2009, 05:38:12 PM

You have my number if you want to talk.

Mike

Everybody has each other's numbers except for me! All I have is Doug (69CoronetRT), Brian (1hot68) and Shelby ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

:cheers:  Thanks Mike, Dean and all you guys.   I just want to get that image out of my head.    :brickwall:    I was starting to think that this thread is keeping it fresh.   :rotz:    WRONG !  Lisa and I were gone for a bit and it was the only thing on my mind.   :rotz:   I'm sure in a day or so I'll be back to my same old smartass jokes and motor on.   :yesnod:   I just have to let the serious part of me out for a few days and then the smartass part will resume control.    ;)     :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Tilar

It'll get better. I was a fireman/ rescue squadsman a lot of years ago, and you see this sort of thing more than you want to. We had one similar to this, A guy had been listed as missing, and someone found his car out at the local state park. We formed a search party and headed out into the woods. Not 100 yards out. 2 of us saw him at the same time. A note to his girlfriend that had just left him and a single shot 20 gauge to the roof of his mouth. He had been there at least a day.

Talk to people about it and get it in the past. You did right in not letting anyone else in there.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bk72

all i can say is i would have never acted the way you did. but i would like to see the pic of your charger

jb666

Wow Chuck, that really is quite the eventful day.. I'm sorry you had to witness that, never mind be the first on the scene...

A few years back I was working 1st shift at a local print shop. One of the guys that was working the 3rd shift passed me on my way into work this particular morning and said "goodbye/hello". I went to lunch a few hours later and saw his car sitting in the parking lot with the door open.. Thinking this was a bit odd, I walked over to his door to see him reaching down by his passenger's foot area.. I said "Hey Bob, you drop something?".

He sure did.. Riggor had set in. He died hours before that reaching for his asthma inhaler and never got up... That image took years to get out of my head!!

My point is that it'll be with you for a while, but some day you'll be passing your experiences on to someone else

CFMopar

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 04, 2009, 11:03:25 PM
I'm sorry Chuck but at least you kept the folks (and kids) unawares from reciving the same tramatic shock you did.
beyond that words fail...

2nd that! Thats the best thing you could've done....

You learn to laugh at these things when you see them all the time... The best I saw was a guy who set his body on fire by accident trying to light a cigaret off the stove... His house smelt like bbq  :lol:

The worst was a guy who died while taking a shit  :rotz:
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Martian R/T

Man Chuck I feel for you, that is a very traumatic experience, my Dad had an experience like that, he worked for the company that makes the Space Shuttle booster rockets, and the building that they were pouring the fuel in the boosters exploded, there was 7 people killed, well they sent my Dad into the pit to start the clean up, he got down is there and found the head of one of the guys that was working in the building, the worst part was that he knew the guy, he had trained him when he started working there, well it really messed him up, he spent time in the psych ward for it, he had to take a medical retirement after that, he never was the same, I still remember visiting him in the hospital, it was hard on an 18 year old to see your Dad like that, I would definitely recommend a counselor or some one to help you deal with it, take care.
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

runningman

That is horrible...you definitely did the right thing by staying and keeping others away.  Just think what would have happened if a kid would have seen that.  My uncle hung himself in the early 80's and my cousin and her boyfriend were the ones that found him.  I just can't imagine that.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

NOPE !  :cheers: :2thumbs:   I talked to a media person and they said that most suicides don't get covered.   They don't want to promote it.   Thank God !!!!   I was worried about the pictures that were taken of the scene with my car in them.  I don't want my car tied to something that involves the Police.  The women that took the photo's will be posting them with a story on some web site and I'm still looking for it.  I think she said pixer or fixer or something like that.  :shruggy:  I don't remember.   I didn't think much of it at first, but after I got home I was not thrilled with my car and I being on the news or any media.   :rotz:   Not this way.  I'm doing pretty good today.  I feel OK and think this won't bother me anymore in a few days.   I still can't help but wonder why he did this.   I guess if you just heard of a guy the killed himself out there you don't really wonder about it that much.  But, since I was there and got involved I feel like part of me needs to know why.   I know some may say it doesn't matter but to me it does.  I didn't ask for that to happen.  He got me involved by doing what he did and I would like to know why.   I think I'm owed that and earned that right.    :shruggy:   Then again, maybe I should just try and forget about it.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

firefighter3931

Quote from: skip68 on May 06, 2009, 03:28:39 PM
He got me involved by doing what he did and I would like to know why.   

Random fate....he had no idea you were going to enter that washroom or that you would be the one to find him. Truth be told he really didn't care....his primary focus was ending his life and nothing else.  :yesnod:

I think I'm owed that and earned that right.      

Nope, you were just a random individual who happened upon the scene with no history with him or his family. He owes you an apology but i don't see that coming anytime soon.  :lol:

Then again, maybe I should just try and forget about it.  

You've just given yourself the best possible advice under the circumstances. Time to move on and put this behind you.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TheGhost

Quote from: skip68 on May 06, 2009, 03:28:39 PMBut, since I was there and got involved I feel like part of me needs to know why.   I know some may say it doesn't matter but to me it does.  I didn't ask for that to happen.  He got me involved by doing what he did and I would like to know why.   I think I'm owed that and earned that right.    :shruggy:   Then again, maybe I should just try and forget about it.   

I'd suggest giving it up.  I've been trying to figure out why someone I loved killed herself for over 5 years now, and I still don't know.  Probably never will.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

skip68

Yah, you guys are right.  I guess this is just a normal (if there is a normal) reaction.  Thanks for all the advice/help and understanding guys.  My head is all clear now.   :cheers:  SKIP IS BACK !!!!!!!!   :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TUFCAT

I didn't read all the details. I was thinking this was just another prank ........so I immediately jumped to page 4 to see.

Even now, I'm not totally sure what to think ... :shruggy: If this story is real, its a very gruesome event to witness.  :'(   If fake... (you've been watching way to much Las Vegas CSI).  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: