News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I found a mans body today while taking Charger pictures in the desert. !!!!!!!!!

Started by skip68, May 04, 2009, 10:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

Thats some hardcore shit, lucky your kids(or any else kid) had to see it :eek2:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

tan top

:o  yikes  not good to walk in on   :rotz:  shame when someone gets that bad & thinks thats the only way out ... sad
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mike DC

Sorry it happened like it did.  That stuff really messes with a person's head for years to come.  I'm glad you handled it so well and were so quickly cleared of any involvement.

It reminds me to be glad that experiences like this have not been a part of my everyday normal existence. 

six-tee-nine

:o :o :o :o

I guess we can all laugh about it when we see it in a movie, but I really would'nt want to see it in person.

I hope you can progress your trauma quick
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

1969chargerrtse

What sucks is you saw him alive first.  That's gotta bug you?  Time heals all wombs. Hang in there.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

CB

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 05, 2009, 05:23:26 AM
What sucks is you saw him alive first.  That's gotta bug you? 

:iagree:

when I was a mortician a few years ago, I had to check a body to advise if he was decent enough for his wife and kids to see. He shot himself in the head with a rifle. I told the morgue lady he didn't have a head anymore.

I hope you feel ok, Chuck. :icon_smile_blackeye:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: skip68 on May 04, 2009, 11:07:35 PM
:cheers:   Thanks.   It took me forever to fill out the statement.  I was a little shakey so I had to write slow.  The thing that I thought was stange is after I told the Police word for word what I did and saw, I still had to fill out the statement WORD FOR WORD just like I told the Police.  I had to tell the story several times to several officers and then write it down.   :shruggy:   But, I guess if you are the only one around with a guy that was just shot in the head it makes sense that I will get questioned.  

They were trying to see if your story would vary at all.

So, did you actually get to pee? 

:rofl:
A little levity can't hurt.

I hope this all gets worked out for you, though.

hemi68charger

Wow !!!!  Coming across something like that is horrible ( I did once upon first arrival to a car accident). You did well to divert people from seeing him and staying around until help arrived. Poor guy... I can't imagine life so bad as to do that.......  :'(

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

skip68

I never did get to pee.  I forgot I had to go after a bit.  I just wanted to go home.   My nerves are still un-easy and I had some trouble getting to sleep last night.   Wondering why and what he was thinking when he was parked by me is on my mind.   I think he must have wrote the note when he was parked by me and since I was there, he decided to go down the road and do it.  Man, I'm just glad he only took himself and not me with him.   :yesnod:   This will make it hard to go back out there that's for sure.  I am going to make sure that someone gets that Emergency call box fixed.  :flame:   What if there had been a real Emergency ?   :flame:  There would be no way to get help at all.   :rotz:   I did chuckle at the post about the thread being worthless without pics.  I do have a good sick sense of humor.  I did have the camera with me and never thought about taking any pictures.    :rotz:    There is no way I could let my wife see that or risk my kids seeing it.   I have seen pictures of things like this before like on a TV show.  Some are pretty clean and some they block the picture because they are real messy.   This was a messy one and I will never forget it.   I guess I'll see how today goes.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BB1

Delete my profile

RECHRGD

Sorrry you had to go through that Chuck.  As others have said, be very thankful that your kids were not with you to witness it.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

b5blue

It was random fate Skip don't let it get to you! It took real balls to handle it the way you did...many would have just hauled butt out of there.You stood your ground and saved others from what you saw!At that point you went from being a victim to a hero in my book! Now go take a leak! :cheers:   

Old Moparz

I have to say that the nature of how the person died, is probably what will determine how well the person who discovers it will be able to deal with it. I've had 2 separate incidents over the years that both dealt with this kind of thing happen to me. The way each one happened was very different, & I can still recall each incident in detail, & each one effected me very different.

Once, when I was travelling south on the NYS Thruway to work at 6 AM, I saw headlights coming north, but then they disappeared. As I got closer to where I last saw them, I saw lots of dust & steam from a rented box van against a tree. I stopped, a truck on the other side stopped, & the 2 of us went over to see how the driver was. It wasn't good. The driver was pinned between the crushed steering wheel & the wall of the cab, but still alive & semi conscious.

The weight from the load in his van went forward, ripped the passenger side of the box open, & sent boxes & furniture into the woods. The stuff on the driver's side came forward & pushed the wall. If the cab had 4 feet to begin with to accommodate the driver, the seat, the steering wheel, & the dash, it now had less than 2 feet. There was nothing we could do to get him out, so we tried to calm him & talked to him telling him that help was coming.

The fan was still going so I disconnected the battery afraid that a spark might ignite gas that we were smelling. I also walked around to the other side to see if a passenger had been with him because the door was open. I didn't find anyone, & a trooper pulled up as I was looking. We gave him a rundown of what we saw & did, & he instructed us to get going so we wouldn't be in the way.

The newspaper the next day stated that he lived & had fallen asleep at the wheel, but his mother who was the passenger had died. I felt awful because I looked for a passenger & never saw one. It was apparent that she had been thrown from the vehicle at some point, but she wasn't anywhere near the vehicle. That bothered me for months, making me wonder if I had looked a little farther from the van, or looked a little longer, I would I have found her still alive.

I know it wasn't my fault, but it took a while to realize that myself.

The other incident was in Staten Island where I discovered a man's body in the weeds while surveying for a sewer project off Hyland Blvd. I also went to take a piss (and never did....lol) and saw what I thought was a homeless man sleeping in the weeds. Turns out it was a guy shot point blank in the forehead & dumped there. The paper the next day said it was a guy on probation who had been in jail 3 times before, & probably killed by someone he pissed off & then dumped.

The guy I was working with had been a paramedic before, but was a nervous wreck over seeing it. It didn't bother me since there wasn't anything I could have done to help or prevent what had happened, so I sat in the company van & ate my lunch.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

skip68

I've seen death before, a few car crashes and my friends little brother crushed by a tractor.  But this was by far the worst I've ever seen.  I won't be sick but my stomach is still tight.  I just wish I never found that guy but, I am glad it was me and not some kid that needed a pit stop.  :yesnod: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

CB

Chuck is it the place where we took our Chargers for the photo shoot? There were guys with bikes too. Nick came along too. Remember?
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

resq302

Chuck,

Reading about this just made an incident come back to my mind.  On the way home from college on day on interstate 280, I came upon an accident involving a tractor trailer that was jacknifed and a car that had gone under the trailer which was sideways.  The roof was litteraly torn off of the car.  Being a first responder with my local fire dept, I drove up the shoulder to assist the state police since no first aid or fire dept units were on scene yet.  Needless to say, there was nothing that I could do as the the driver ended up getting decapitated.  It certainly is one thing that will stick in your mind for the rest of your life.  So I can appreciate what you are going through also.  Like I said before, you are more than welcome to contact me and we can just talk and BS to get your mind off of things if you need.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

skip68

Sublime/Sixpack

Sorry you had to go through that, but it sounds that you handled the situation as well as possible. Hope the experience and the scene fades quickly from your mind.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

CB

Quote from: skip68 on May 05, 2009, 10:06:42 AM
Yes Christian !    :yesnod:    That's the spot.

WOW  :o so we were a couple of feet away from the crime scene (suicide is a crime too overthere, right?) months ago  :'(
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

bull

You did the right thing by staying there to talk to the investigators and make sure no one else had to see it. I just hope you don't have nightmares over it.

skip68

I tell you what, it seems like it was forever for the Police to show up.    :rotz:   It was about 30 minutes from the time he shot himself to the time the Police got there.  I was there waiting for about 25 minutes.   :rotz:   I remember I saw a school bus coming and I remember saying out loud "ahh Jesus no".  :rotz:  Thank God it kept going.    Yes, it was a crime scene and with my GENERAL LEE parked right in front blocked by Police and tons of people taking pictures of my car with the Police around it.   :flame: :rotz: 

71ChallengeHer

Chuck, I talked to Lisa about this before you posted. I'm sorry you had to go thru this. If you need anything or just to talk , please call . I've been thru a family situation like this.  :rotz:

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Neal_J

Hmmm, I wonder.  April Fool's karma??

Sorry you had this gruesome experience.