News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How does this driveline sound?

Started by SFRT, May 02, 2009, 11:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

OK...in my infinite wisdom, and due to a larger than expected royalty check I have decided to give the Scow a little butt-lift.....heres what i am thinking...let me know if any of it is wrong or counter-productive:

transmission: swap my current  18 spline stuff plus a Passon Overdrive kit into a set of Passon's aluminum case and tail.
new driveshaft by Denny's...should I go with the aluminum or the 'superbeefy' steel one? ( car has 405 RWHP, and that will go up end of summer)
Rear: new dana 60 with 4.10's, girdle,35 spline axles and a possibly a True-Trac as oppossed to the trac-loc.

I had to decide today between better mechanicals or new rear quarterpanels...and I got to go with mechanical improvement this spring.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

six-tee-nine

Looks good to me altough I'm not a fan of alu gear box cases...

What's wrong with the steel one you have?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

SFRT

suppossedly the passon stuff is 'better' and 'beefier' and lighter. the set of case,tail ,panel is not 2 much dough, so I figured 'go for it'.

what are the negatives of aluminum cases?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

suntech

Quote from: SFRT on May 03, 2009, 01:06:22 AM
suppossedly the passon stuff is 'better' and 'beefier' and lighter. the set of case,tail ,panel is not 2 much dough, so I figured 'go for it'.

what are the negatives of aluminum cases?

IMo nothing, but maybe some think it is to "modern"  :shruggy:

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

firefighter3931

Quote from: SFRT on May 02, 2009, 11:58:51 PM
OK...in my infinite wisdom, and due to a larger than expected royalty check I have decided to give the Scow a little butt-lift.....heres what i am thinking...let me know if any of it is wrong or counter-productive:

transmission: swap my current  18 spline stuff plus a Passon Overdrive kit into a set of Passon's aluminum case and tail.
new driveshaft by Denny's...should I go with the aluminum or the 'superbeefy' steel one? ( car has 405 RWHP, and that will go up end of summer)
Rear: new dana 60 with 4.10's, girdle,35 spline axles and a possibly a True-Trac as oppossed to the trac-loc.

I had to decide today between better mechanicals or new rear quarterpanels...and I got to go with mechanical improvement this spring.

That sounds like an excellent plan of attack.  :icon_smile_cool:

On a street car i'm not sure that i'd be willing to spend the extra dough on an aluminum case but that's your call. I do like the idea of the passon overdrive gearset....that is definately worth the effort.  :2thumbs:

On the driveshaft i would opt for steel....aluminum isn't that much lighter and is more succeptible to damage from road debris.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs