News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Note to guys going to shows & swap meets this summer

Started by 69bronzeT5, May 02, 2009, 07:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

If you see a Duster or Dart Sport, if you can....please write down the vin number and take a picture of it for the Duster & Dart Sport registry. I'd really appreciate it! :2thumbs:

www.geocities.com/dusterdartsport1973registry/
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

twinscrew698

I think it would be kind of nice to ask the owner first dont you think?

69*F5*SE

Maybe participants could relay the Registry info to the owners and the owners could then register if they wanted.  But, writing down vin #'s etc. without permission would be kind of a bad idea.    :shruggy:

bull

Plus, who wants to run around writing numbers down during a car show? I'm there to have fun, not do legwork for a website.

69CoronetRT

Cody, here's a suggestion: have some business cards made.

I had the Chris' at the 69 and 70 Charger Registries send me some cards. As I wander through shows and come across Chargers, I toss a business card in the car. That way the owner of the car can contact the registries if they want to.

I always carry cards with me as you never know what you'll find. Last week, I ran across a 69 318 three on the tree Charger. I gave the guy a card and he contacted Chris.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

C_stripes

I have been trying to tell Cody this. It's not alright to just register other peoples cars without their consent. Yet he still asks. Cody. Remember my suggestions and take them into consideration.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

bigred68

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on May 03, 2009, 10:59:52 AM

I had the Chris' at the 69 and 70 Charger Registries send me some cards. As I wander through shows and come across Chargers, I toss a business card in the car. That way the owner of the car can contact the registries if they want to.

I always carry cards with me as you never know what you'll find. Last week, I ran across a 69 318 three on the tree Charger. I gave the guy a card and he contacted Chris.
Soooo, such a good idea!!!
:cheers:

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: I think we should git those oval charger.com window stickers troy is hoarding and use them at car shows to spread the word about this site,.. soooo many times i have come across chargers at shows and elsewhere like in a parking lot or out on the street and putting a dc.com decal under the windshield would be the perfect way to recruit new addicts,.. i mean junkies,.. i mean...  :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

That's what I'm actually doing right now :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 03, 2009, 12:41:39 PM

That's what I'm actually doing right now :cheers:

I hit a lot of the shows in the western IA/ eastern NE area. Send me some and I'll hand them out.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Foreman72

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 03, 2009, 12:25:38 PM
  :scratchchin: I think we should git those oval charger.com window stickers troy is hoarding and use them at car shows to spread the word about this site,.. soooo many times i have come across chargers at shows and elsewhere like in a parking lot or out on the street and putting a dc.com decal under the windshield would be the perfect way to recruit new addicts,.. i mean junkies,.. i mean...  :shruggy:
:iagree:
i myself have many such examples like this...many chargers in NH, but..

the lack of NH presence on this site bothers me :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

C_stripes

Quote from: Foreman72 on May 03, 2009, 01:14:40 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on May 03, 2009, 12:25:38 PM
:iagree:
i myself have many such examples like this...many chargers in NH, but..

the lack of NH presence on this site bothers me :lol:

I hear that. There are so many mopars here in Utah, yet I know of only one other UT member.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

1969chargerrtse

Ok I guess I'm the bad boy. I just snap pictures of the fender tag and then send them to the registry. I could care less if somone did that with my car so I thought it was Ok?  Oh well, no one got hurt.   
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bordin34

My thoughts are if it is displayed in public its fine to take a picture of or do whatever you want with it.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Chris G.

:2thumbs: and if anyone wants some cards, I will be happy to send them out. Just shoot me an email.

We also have shirts for sale (shameless plug)... http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=6065

:cheers:

jb666

69*F5*SE

I'm loving the Demon.  Always have, especially in that color/stripe combo.

jb666

He it is launching at the track... Ran 9's if I remember correctly, that day.

and yep, he beat the Ford!!

Brock Samson

Cody:
a few years back Ghost aka Everette posted this up with some sweet dusters/demons nearly all the way down...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,1025.msg13726.html#msg13726

TheGhost

Damn, Brock, I completely forgot about that post.  I wonder if they're still doing the Mopars VS Buicks?...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Back N Black

Quote from: bordin34 on May 03, 2009, 01:58:39 PM
My thoughts are if it is displayed in public its fine to take a picture of or do whatever you want with it.

You think so, come and try with my car and see what happens! It kinda of creepy and geekish if you ask me, see someone looking in your window and writing down VIN numbers.

terrible one

Quote from: bull on May 03, 2009, 09:59:05 AM
Plus, who wants to run around writing numbers down during a car show? I'm there to have fun, not do legwork for a website.

Already!

I had found a Duster when I went to Lake Tahoe at that gas station where the Charger was at and I mentioned it to you and forgot about it from there. I doubt I still have the pictures and stuff though.  :-\

Dodge Don

I always have a stack of 70 Registry cards that I use at shows.