News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old, Old timers. When you where Bad, what did yours look like?

Started by cudaken, November 13, 2005, 09:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

I did the clear coat in the driveway, the color was done in a shop, long story.

If you know Gates down at Hinckley Dodge, he bought the car a few months ago.

I think he wants to make it essentially stock but well built with 4 wheel disk. Not sure though.

Charger_Fan

Nope, don't know Gates. In fact, I haven't even been on Hinkley's lot since they quit doing the Mopar shows there. Not because of the shows, but because I haven't been buying stuff from the dealer for a while.

Well that's cool, I hope he builds it up cool again & we see it cruising around. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

oldschool_muscle

This is a great thread i love reading about all of these old stories and seeing peoples old rides. It reminds of all the stories i have heared over the years from my dad back when he had his 71' Satellite with a 383.
- Tim
1973 Charger

GTX

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 09, 2005, 03:04:56 PM
Well that's cool, I hope he builds it up cool again & we see it cruising around. :thumbs:

He'll have it out and about but I doubt you'll see it a Steve Hinckleys show since he and um..some others don't agree with Steve on Mopar purity topics and ego issues.
It's a shame though because I know of a few nice cars whose owners will have nothing to do with that show.

Sorry for the O/T post.

We now return you to memory lane.........

694spdRT

This is an awesome thread! I was only 13 years old while dad was being bad in these pictures from 1986.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

cudaken

I am so happy that so many have enjoyed this thread! I don't think it will get the life of "3 Chargers in a Shop" I did on the old site, but it is still going! ;D

I dug out some other PIC and here are a few. By the way, you folks will think I am a idot (OK most do anyway) :) but you would not belive how I am getting the PIC in the keyboard thingie! I am sticking the PIC on a Cam 2 can crusher on the wall. Use a tri pod to take the PIC at 3.2 Mega what ever and then crop the PIC's. But way faster than the old scanner and easy.

Here is a better PIC of the Runners hood with all the goofie strips. Bet I spent 4 hours laying them out, ture details cannot seen. It was a work of art, but not every one likes art. Then there a PIC from around 1989 with the Cuda. My wife hated the red strips with the blue but I liked it.

Cuda Ken
I am back

oldschool_muscle

- Tim
1973 Charger

cudaken

Here is my old bike, will post storys Sat. Just missed spelled for 15 minutes and was bumped off because some one was posting?

Cuda Ken

PS, count the exhaust pipes :devil:
I am back

cudaken

OK first time I ever open a engine. It is my 68 Road Runner and PIC was from 1975 and 86,000 miles. Note the OK on the lifter valley.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

This is my first modified engine. I thought it looked like hot stuff. Note the green fender and hood.  I will tell the story about that later. Dumbest thing I have done to date but not just yet.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

Just for the hell of it, PIC of me when I was in a band. Not on stage but was playing to impress a girl and hoping I would get well take it from there. Note the name on the T-shirt if you can read it. Also Charger PIC and the Dahlquist DQ 10 Speakers in the back gound.  I still have the DQ 10's, but was playing threw a Custom Stack with a 250 watt head.

I did get lucky, no kids from that night! Oh, it is a Less Paul as well.

And you guys wonder why I am hooked on the Audiophile stereo gear?

Cuda Ken                           
I am back

Steelman

Can't find pics,only memories.
Great thread i have enjoyed reading the responses.
"The only thing you leave, is your legacy"

GTX

I used to have a canary yellow '73 charger SE. Can't post pics cuz the funky yellow might blind everyone and I'd get sued. ;)

Wish I had pics of my '69 Charger R/T but I rolled it too soon. It was B5 blue if I remember and had some sort of really funky lacy work painted on the top. Almost looked like someones version of a mod top. It actually wasn't too bad really.  Inside it had the famous and obligatory for the day diamond tuck upholstery.
I bought that car for $500.00 missing the power steering pump and also missing the console but had a 4:10 dana in it. Back then I could have maybe gotten a better car for the same money but it was a Charger and an R/T and I wanted it damn it!

Aw hell, I'll tell the story of how I rolled it just for old times sake but it wasn't a big deal.

It was about this time of year and I was going over to get my gf at the time and go  out. My parents lived out west of Fashon Place mall on 6200 So. for Charger_Fan and and any other locals. I was just cruising along about 40-45 mph listening to my 8-track and went under the train trestle overpass. Apparently I hit some black ice because the next thing I knew everything was spinning and then bang!
I guess I hit my head cuz the next thing I knew I was upside down and the 8 track was still playing. The engine was off and everything was quiet except the stereo which made it really seem odd, hanging up side down listening to music.
I looked out my door and saw weeds and so I scrambled out, I don't remember much after that but a passerby found me staggering in the middle of the road. He said I was mumbling something. The cops came and I got a ticket for....failure to maintain control of my vehicle. The cops said that someone had to pay for the 75' of fence I tore out.
The car got towed home and that was pretty much the end of the car. I never did make it to Alicias house that night.

I was young and although I could do some engine work, the body work was beyond me then. I parted out the car selling the ultra cool diamond tuck seats and the R./T badges to others who wanted to make theirs look like an R/T, also sold the dana for $75.00 - about the going rate then and ended up buying a '71 Charger SE. That car had cool hide away headlights but my heart wasn't into a third gen back then.
If I knew then what I know now I could have easily fixed the R/T but in reality I wouldn't have it now anyway. I've a number or Chargers since and don't have them either. :rotz:

The end. 

Lowprofile

Quote from: cudaken on December 09, 2005, 07:52:15 PM
Just for the hell of it, PIC of me when I was in a band. Not on stage but was playing to impress a girl and hoping I would get well take it from there. Note the name on the T-shirt if you can read it. Also Charger PIC and the Dahlquist DQ 10 Speakers in the back gound.   I still have the DQ 10's, but was playing threw a Custom Stack with a 250 watt head.

I did get lucky, no kids from that night! Oh, it is a Less Paul as well.

And you guys wonder why I am hooked on the Audiophile stereo gear?

Cuda Ken                                         

Diggin those shorts, ken :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :scared: :scared: :scared: :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Mefirst

Quote from: Lowprofile on December 09, 2005, 11:20:51 PM
Diggin those shorts, ken :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :scared: :scared: :scared: :D

Yeah, those shorts are pulled kinda high :lol: Then again maby that was the latest fashion at the time..

/Tom

69_500

Love the short's the Ken. And the shirt idea, did it get her to Dump the boyfriend? I mean you were even nice enough to say PS to start it.

DFS68_Charger

Damn Ken, that picture is Scarey :scared:.

Jamming to the Village People? :nana:

I remember when the band, PS H_mp Your Boyfriend was popular in Indy.

DFS

Charger_Fan

Ok, following Ken's idea...I took some pics of my pics too. :-\ :smilielol:
Here's my Charger just after I first got it in October 1986. If you look close, you can almost make out one of the 2 baby seats in th back seat. ;D

The Pinto was mine too...it was my winter beater. They go great in the white crap. :icon_smile_big:

Real-live fake sheepskin seat covers & funky sparkly blue steering wheel. I took that off after about 2 weeks. :eyes:

This is what it looked like shortly after.

This is the 72 Satellite Sebring I had for a while. 400/727. This pic was December 1991. Still kicking myself for selling it. 

70 Charger 500 parts car I had in 1994...REALLY kicking myself for parting it out! :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger_Fan

You local guys might know of this car.
I was on a group motorcycle ride in Feb. 1993 & this guy pulled into the station where we were gassing up. At first, I just about sh!t myself...then 3 seconds later, I realized it wasn't real. I saw it again last summer for the first time since the 1st sighting...and dammit, I just about crashed into someone in front of me when he came by! :o Then again, I realized it wasn't real. :smilielol:

This 69 R/T was in an outdoor storage lot for 2 years that I'm aware of...with the left rear window down that whole time! :icon_smile_angry:
After some detective work, I tracked down the owner & asked if he'd sell it. The answer was of course NO! Shortly afterward, he took it out of the storage area & parked it next to his trailer home, where it sat for another year or so. I asked him one other time if he'd be interested in selling. I even flashed him $2,000 bucks...he didn't budge & said he was gonna fix 'er up one day. :icon_smile_angry:
About 6 months later, the car & trailer house were gone.
This pic was taken in 1986...I bought my Charger about a month later.

694spdRT

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 10, 2005, 05:38:43 PM
This 69 R/T was in an outdoor storage lot for 2 years that I'm aware of...with the left rear window down that whole time! :icon_smile_angry:
After some detective work, I tracked down the owner & asked if he'd sell it. The answer was of course NO! Shortly afterward, he took it out of the storage area & parked it next to his trailer home, where it sat for another year or so. I asked him one other time if he'd be interested in selling. I even flashed him $2,000 bucks...he didn't budge & said he was gonna fix 'er up one day. :icon_smile_angry:
About 6 months later, the car & trailer house were gone.
This pic was taken in 1986...I bought my Charger about a month later.

What color is that? Maybe it is the one Shakey just found and the guy is still gong to fix it up someday.  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

69_500

Nah its not the same car. That one appears to be an R/T but not an RT/SE.

GTX

I used to know a local guy who had an R/T SE 6 pack car.

Wonder where he is......

cudaken

DFS68, the Band was PS Dump Your Boyfriend. I played with them a long, long, long time ago. I was hanging out at the Vogue and one night there rhythm player got sick. (hum maybe stoned or to drunk to stand up) so I stood in for him. That is how I got the T-Shrit.

Ken
I am back

MOPARHOUND!

BTT...............Got to be more old mopar stories out there...........

Great pic's Charger Fan.  Would like to find a few pics of mine from the 80s.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

69Charger500

Ok, I know I'm a little late on this one, but............

mid-80s.....