News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger Restoration - 1970Moparmann

Started by 1970Moparmann, April 26, 2009, 10:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

nice job on the charger  :drool5:  sounds like you had  some fun  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1970Moparmann

Thanks guys!  The Tour was a lot of fun..... Have many cool stories. :2thumbs:

On a side note, the best upgrade I did to this car is the brake system.  The hydroboost with the 4 wheel discs, work great! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger-Bodie

That is one Bad ass Charger.... Looks Killer!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

WHITE AND RED 69

Where did you get your hydroboost setup from and how much do they run? I am looking a getting one soon and other than xv I dont see them anywhere for mopars. Thanks
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

firefighter3931

Very cool Mike  :icon_smile_cool:

Glad to hear the car performed well on the power tour.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

68Bbody

...wow!

What a great job you did!      :2thumbs:

Summer's here! 

.....enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

:cheers:

1970Moparmann

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on June 10, 2010, 06:48:54 PM
Where did you get your hydroboost setup from and how much do they run? I am looking a getting one soon and other than xv I dont see them anywhere for mopars. Thanks

I'll check my receipt and get back with you.  The cost of the unit is around $800.00.  My car is running very low vacuum, so I knew I needed it.  Works great!  :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann

Thanks for all the comments.  I did the most work to this one, and it felt good.  Word to the wise, take your time.  I felt like I was rushing to meet the Power Tour and it was a little stressful.  My list did get longer since the Tour, but the car performed well. 

:cheers:

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 12, 2010, 08:15:25 AM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on June 10, 2010, 06:48:54 PM

I'll check my receipt and get back with you.  The cost of the unit is around $800.00.  My car is running very low vacuum, so I knew I needed it.  Works great!  :2thumbs:

Thanks. No need to look it up I was just looking for a ballpark number and that is around the price I got from xv and hydratech, just wanted to see what others have paid before I jump right in and pay too much. I have low vacuum as well and it was either a vacuum res. pump (which I dont really want to get) or hydroboost. I will go with a hydroboost unit.

Car looks great  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

mleist89

1941 Ford Coupe Deluxe
1973 Dodge Charger
1975 Dodge Coronet
2002 Dodge Ram 1500

TUFCAT

Beautiful restoration. If I had the money....I'd be all over it like a fat guy in a little coat!  :icon_smile_wink:

elanmars

sweet looking car.

what size are your wheels? just curious.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

SkiJogg

Looks sharp I like the black. Hope you get all the little bugs out and have a good time with it. :cheers:
Hell don't hurt and a lick'n dot last

vsengdara

Hi Moparman, your Charger looks amazing.. You really set the standard for how restorations should be done. Just bought a 68 Charger stateside, hope to start my project here in Laos soon once it arrives.

1970Moparmann

Thanks.  If you need any input on anything, feel free to ask. :2thumbs:  Good luck with the restoration.

SRT-68

What a fantastic job! The paint is flawless and your attention to detail is outstanding.    Well done!

1970Moparmann

Quote from: SRT-68 on August 25, 2010, 02:44:39 PM
What a fantastic job! The paint is flawless and your attention to detail is outstanding.    Well done!

SRT-68, thanks a lot.  I was actually thinking about selling it, but just can't.  I built it to drive and beat on, and that is what I'm going to do. :2thumbs:  I'm really interested in putting a 6.1 into the car already.  I haven't even worked in the current engine and now want to change it already - WTF.  I may be asking some questions........  I definitely see a 6.1 in my 5 year plan for this car.

SRT-68

Alex (rolling thunder) has one in his Charger with a 5-speed so he is a better source of info as far as parts and fitting. I can help with the wiring,electronics and AC systems.  Now that I have several conversions under my belt, I will never go back to the old technology. You get a leak-free, true 425 hp engine that doesn't overheat, has modern charging and AC systems and will get 20 mpg as well. I am a 48yo diehard Mopar fan who has built everything from slant sixes to supercharged 528 Hemis, but I have to say that you can't beat the new technology for street driven musclecars. IMHO

1970Moparmann

For those that followed this post, unfortunately I'm in a position that it needs to go.  I'm depressed to think about this, but it needs to go.  Maybe the Gov't will buy it!   Since I have all the performance upgrades to it, anyone have a feeling what a good fair asking price is?  I'll be dropping it off at a consignment place soon because I don't want to deal with the hassle.   Just need to put a price on it that would be fair.

Thanks.

elanmars

let me know when you have a price set, if it's not past my budget, i may be interested, as i'm looking for another car...
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 02, 2011, 08:27:56 AM
For those that followed this post, unfortunately I'm in a position that it needs to go.  I'm depressed to think about this, but it needs to go.  Maybe the Gov't will buy it!   Since I have all the performance upgrades to it, anyone have a feeling what a good fair asking price is?  I'll be dropping it off at a consignment place soon because I don't want to deal with the hassle.   Just need to put a price on it that would be fair.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that you have to sell :-\
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

BLUE68RT4ME

I'm sorry to hear of the news my friend!  I really hope something happens which would help you out.  If you do have to sell it, man... be proud of what you did!  That car is a thing of beauty!  :2thumbs:

My thoughts are with you!!!
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

1970Moparmann

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on September 22, 2011, 07:28:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear of the news my friend!  I really hope something happens which would help you out.  If you do have to sell it, man... be proud of what you did!  That car is a thing of beauty!  :2thumbs:

My thoughts are with you!!!

Thanks.   I'm very fortunate to have two other cars anyways.  I can always build a car like this also.   I'm a little soft in the head right now and once I sell the car and pay off some bills, I'm going to look for a C body to restore with my boys.   I've been searching already and think I narrowed it down to a 70 or 71 Fury Sport.

It will be a shame to sell it, but such is life.  I'm really glad I decided to keep my 70-it's my dream Charger.

1970Moparmann

Well, it's October and finally was able to make the car road worthy again.   Still getting the list down.   Here are some better pictures of the car FINALLY.    Went for a nice drive in the country today with my three boys and they all had grins whenever dad put some throttle into it.. :D

This car is so much fun to drive........ :yesnod:  Thanks Ron for helping with the engine build :2thumbs: :cheers:

1970Moparmann

Some pictures from today.   Last drive of the year it looks like.  :'( :'( :RantExplode: :RantExplode: