News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

heater hose orientation??? on a 68 Charger with a 440 no a/c

Started by charge-it, April 25, 2009, 05:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge-it

Does it matter which nipple on the water pump housing corresponds to on the firewall heater core nipple connections? This is on a 68 Charger with a 440.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Hemidog

I don't think so, usually you run the outer one (water pump) to the far passenger side, and the other one on the other, it looks better....

A383Wing

Well, according to Ma Mopar, it does make a difference...they should be routed this way: For the big blocks without AC:

The hose nipple closest to the distributor is supposed to connect to the heater core nipple closest to the passenger fender.

This according to the service manuals. I have the rest of the pictures is anyone needs them..for the small block engines and factory AC cars as well

Pic below

Hemidog

A383Wing

Yes, there is...and a lot of those big block engines have the valley pan end plates missing also....but who am I to judge

Hey, someone asked, I provided the answer

Hemidog

Do you have a picture for 68 BB w/AC ?
I followed Chris' compartment....

A383Wing

A383Wing

Quote from: Hemidog on April 25, 2009, 06:18:16 PM
Do you have a picture for 68 BB w/AC ?
I followed Chris' compartment....

Big block with factory AC pic below

A383Wing

Hemidog