News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just my Luck

Started by Forza, April 22, 2009, 08:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forza

Well as if the year didn't start off with a crappy start, a pesky raccoon had to help out too. :icon_smile_angry:  I was driving my girlfriend home Saturday night (4-18-09) and on my way home the little bastard ran out of the ditch and kissed my bumper doing 70mph.  :icon_smile_angry: I pulled over to check for damage, but being it was around midnight and my car is black I couldn't see anything. I drove home a little pissed but not overly worked up. That was until I got home and pulled in the garage and saw it in the light. That little bastard did a great job at mangling the bumper and when I popped the hood I noticed it nailed the radiator good too. I had one of my coworkers do the accident report and he estimated about $1,000.

Thank god I have full coverage otherwise I'd be putting the dead raccoon up on ebay. Then after dealing with the insurance company on the phone they sent someone to look at it. The new estimate is $1,300 and a $250 deductible, ahhh hell. Found out also that I no longer have A/C, just in time for the warm weather too, lol! Oh well, I drive with the window down most of the time anyways. Couldn't believe that a damn raccoon could cause 1,300 dollars worth of damage. At least if it was a deer I could have got lucky and totaled the car and got me a new one. In case anyone was wondering what happened to the raccoon, I made sure I gave it a better home. I went back and put him in a garbage bag, let him sit in the garage a day, and put it under my coworkers personal vehicle. He didn't find it as funny as I did.

I'm sure this will make some of you guys cheer but I was driving my mustang at the time. If anyone's interested I'll grab some pictures. My uncle managed to force the bumper back to what it originally looked like. I'm thinking all it's gunna take is a strong wind to push it back in.

Ahh well, thanks for letting me vent guys.
Chuck

skip68

Hey Chuck, Chuck here.  You said your "girlfriend" ?   :scratchchin:   I didn't think you liked girls.  :icon_smile_big:   Man that sucks.   :rotz:   You know we must have pictures.  :drool5:  And while your at it, if it's not too much trouble, throw one in of the coon.   :icon_smile_big:   You are lucky it wasn't a deer.  Those things can total a car at that speed and or cause some serious injury to you as well.    :rotz:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Silver R/T

what kind of car was it?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Forza

Woops, sorry Chuck. I totally meant to say boyfriend  :smilielol:. I don't think I'll be able to get a picture of the coon because I dumped the bastard in a dumpster after using it as a prank. I'll check and see if it's still there and grab a picture, it was pretty gnarly lookin.

Forza

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 22, 2009, 09:16:07 PM
what kind of car was it?

2003 Mustang or Rustang, whichever you guys prefer.

skip68

:smilielol:   Sweeeeet.  :drool5:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!