News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

question for the clone crews

Started by FJ5WING, April 21, 2009, 04:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

I was in the trunk prepping for paint when I started thinking about the wing bracing.

What are you guys using for the bracing that sits just under the tops of the quarters? Ive seen where its possible to purchase the verticle supports that bolt to the floor gussets but I havent seen the other bracing advertised. Am I just missing it?

is the clone wording OK? or is there another term I should have used?
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

I think your talking about the wing washers ?
janik makes them in fiber glass ? Thats what i used but reinforced it with plate steel in the top of the quarter before installing the fiber glass.  Worked out well for the convert because from the picture you can see we had to cut them to fit around the convertible top mechanism .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FJ5WING

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

I know now someone is making them in steel , I think dayclona maybe ?   when i bought mine fiber glass was the only option

Daytona R/T SE

I used the fiberglass wing washers, they seem very sturdy. But steel would be better.

FJ5WING

sorry if I caused any confusion.  :icon_smile_blackeye: I dont need them I was just curious what they were identified as.  :icon_smile_wink:

daytonalo

I make them , 125 pair in bare steel , soory about the pics , that was taken when Camera was on acid  :icon_smile_big:

aussie daytona

good question...i dont have them on my clone(stinger wing),the wing was bolted on just with  flat washers...you could get the wing and shake the whole car by trying to move it,...do i need wing washers ????

moparstuart

I would be afraid that after time you may wrinkle the top of the quarter panel with out them .

But with a fiber glass wing maybe not ?  At high speeds there has to be some stress and down force on the quarter panel . 

hotrod98

I would be more concerned with stress cracks around the mounting holes. Personally, I think you need some type of wing washer. I made the ones for my 69 Runner from .090 aluminum cut to fit the undeside of the quarter. I placed a 90 degree bend on one side for extra strength. The small holes in the ends are for hanging the part to paint it.
They'll do the job. 
I'll make the ones for the Daytona clone a little different to look more like originals.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams