News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some help please

Started by AnCieNt1, April 18, 2009, 07:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnCieNt1

Hello everyone, I need a little Help/advice on a engine I am fixing to build for my younger Brother who has been in Afghanistan for the last 3 years.. He bought a 70 GTX  440 car and he wants me to build a 500 for it. Now we are thinking of using the kit fro 440 source  Edelbrock rpm heads rpm intake 850 Holley and the comp cams xtreme energy 567 cam.. Now i would like to know 1. Is that a good stroker kit.. 2. roughly what kinda power are we looking at 3. if there would be a better choice.. Thanks

WingCharger

A lot guys here are running that kit, and they have had good results. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
We need some pics of the car too. :icon_smile_big:

Welcome to the site man, and a salute to your brother in the service! :patriot: :patriot:

Check out the "Proven Combos" section up in the motor area of the forum. :yesnod:

AnCieNt1

Well after doing some reading the 440 source stuff is kinda scaring me away. So now i am back to square 1.. I need a kit that i am not gonna have to send out for machine work after i spend 2 grand on it. I have seen the Indy kit but the pistons they offer will be either too much compression or to little with the eddy heads i am wanting to run this motor on pump gas so 10:5 to1 is what i am looking for. So anyone else on here have any suggestions on who i might get a Ready to install kit from with some links maybe. Thanks Ronnie

dstryr

My 440Source crankshaft was spot on- my machinist said very nice and no taper on the journals.  My heads after mild porting and back-cutting the valves now flow about what their site claims they do OOTB and I had the Comp Cams 10* locks and retainers put on.  Their flow numbers are a little optimistic.  I think most people who are actually running the rotating assemblies and heads have been happy once the lock/retainer upgrade has been done.  I will hopefully have dyno info on my new motor by the middle of May which is using a comp cams XS290S and stock 6bbl setup.  If I have any trouble with this motor I suspect it will be cam related and not 440Source parts related. :Twocents: 
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

ryan053

I bought a stroker kit for my engine from muscle motors originally. I was sent two bad crankshafts. one was not straight and the other one had rod journals that were oval. I ended up buying a crank from 440 source. it was perfect. I wouldnt hesitate buying a kit from them. If you are having a machine shop assemble the engine i would recommend buying the kit unbalanced so that the machine shop can balance the kit.

What is it that you are not liking about the 440 source stuff