News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2010 Camaro - Full Review

Started by NYCMille, April 13, 2009, 09:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Yes, yes... I know this a Charger site but as we all know all muscle cars are great and deserve their fair shake - here's my take on the new Camaro.  :Twocents:

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/04/13/2010-camaro-ss-meet-the-back-roads-brawler/

Chargerrtforme

Great article and LOVE the side shot.  That is one snazzy car.

Todd Wilson

I wish they would make a 4 door version..........

Todd

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mauve66

good write up, hope they keep making them in this economy, it would keep the rivalry alive
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

richard pettys 73

nice writeup ...sweet car .... i will own one soon  :2thumbs:
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

Charger666

That's one nice car indeed!
It's always been kinda cool how everyone's been bringing back the old favourites... First the new Chargers and Challengers, and now this!  Awesome!

WingCharger

Quote from: Charger666 on April 13, 2009, 05:30:35 PM
That's one nice car indeed!
It's always been kinda cool how everyone's been bringing back the old favourites... First the new Chargers and Challengers, and now this!  Awesome!
Millennium Muscle Cars! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I love the new interest in classic iron. :coolgleamA:

tan top

nice ride  :yesnod: .... its under 5 for 60 , i'm thinking
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikepmcs

Nice write up Mike.  You are very good at keeping the reader interested, for that I say Bravo to you, sir.

"Plus I want to know what the hell's going on if I decide to beat on this thing"    uhhhhh, have you seen the first season of bull run? :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1969chargerrtse

The side view of that car is awesome, almost has that Gansta look that magnums had with the low windows.  Kinda sort of ish.  :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1970Moparmann

I saw it at the Auto Show.  Very cool car, but think GM could have done better to make it look for like a 69.  Of the Challenger, Mustang and Camaro saga, I would give the Challenger a A, Mustang a B+, and the Camaro a B- for retro styling.   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

mikesbbody

Nice review Mike  :2thumbs: my favourite line in the whole article? when you were talking about the Camaro's
Blind spots..."It was a total pain in the ass."  :lol:

mopar_nut_440_6

Great article and i also love that side view! I keep waiting for it to transform and start looking in peoples windows!!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

NYCMille

It's a good car, but again - if you have kids it's pretty useless. The Chally is MUCH more user friendly.

mikepmcs

Mike,

I recently cruised the Challenger SRT 8 forum to get some mod info and ran up on a thread that had Mr Angry's review for the Camaro, cept' it wasn't your review.  It was the first clip of you in the first black Camaro the rep gave you to blast around in prior to the red one.  Anyways, I found myself immediately wanting to defend you as I read some comments. I kept it civil and low key.   Hey, what can I say, don't like people getting crapped on and not being there to defend themselves.   It wasn't anything too bad, because it quickly went off topic like most threads do and now they are talking about one another genitalia and stuff... but, just in case you want to add some additional info to that thread(like you have time) or just feel like going on there and bashing skulls.  Here is the link and here is what I wrote.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f8/mr-angry-drives-2ss-camaro-16066/

My post

"Real quick, that is not Mike's(Mr Angry's) real review of the new camaro for Car Domain. That looks like the clip of the first camaro he was given by the GM rep when he first met him. After talking with Mike, the GM rep gave Mike a red one for 24 hours and Mike had a real chance to beat the dog snot out of the car, and he did. For all those who don't know who he is, Mr Angry's alter ego is Mike M. and he was the 01 68 Charger on the first season of Bull Run. Here is the link to the Camaro review.
2010 Camaro SS: Meet the Back Roads Brawler - CarDomain Blog

Mike's a hell of a nice guy and when I asked for help on another forum that Mike and I both belong, to go look at my,now,08 Chally on Long Island, Mike was the first to respond with" shoot me the details on where it is and i'll go take a look at it for you" That's just the kind of guy he is. He is a car guy just like you and I and he can drive a car. I won't defend him too much as he is more than capable of taking care of himself. He's a driver and he knows what he's talking about witnessed by the time, effort, and research he has put into both of his older rides. 68 Dodge Charger (MR ANGRY) and his Daytona Clone (ANGRIER). These cars are 40 year old Modern marvels when it comes to updates and the like.

As far as his moniker goes, google up Mr Angry and the first hit will be his web site. There you can learn about him and how he attained the name Mr Angry if you wish. Also, you can see his 68 Charger and read up on all the goodies in that car and a little history on how it came to be. You should see his other 69 Charger (ANGRIER). Deathproof on steroids!!!
I'll talk to Mike and see if he has time to come on here and add anything to the Camaro talk.
v/r
Mike"

On another note, I don't think I'll be on that site too much at all just for the mere fact it's too damn difficult to navigate through, for me anyways.  Thanks Troy again for making this site the best on the web, IMO.

v/r
Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NYCMille

Hey Mike -

Just read the post - and thanks man, I totally appreciate the backup.  :2thumbs:

I've learned over the past 3 years that the media is a very fickle beast and by putting yourself out there, whether on TV, print or radio, you will incur the wrath (and praise) of the general public - because of this you have to be willing to just role with it. For me, it's really a case of just letting the people duke it out amongst themselves, I sometimes act as the catalyst though. Whenever I do a review of a car what the public has to understand is that it is a general review of what these automobiles are like to use in everyday life. Usually what happens is that the marketing media has made such a big deal of the new product, i.e., Camaro, Challenger, Mustang and what they can do, that people forget the basic rule which is how do "they" like it and simply go what they've been told as opposed to experiencing it for themselves.

The other thing with the whole "MR. ANGRY" character is that people can use it as an easy target. Who is he? Who does he think he is? He has no experience... etc... etc... etc... What people generally don't realize though is that I've been tracking motorcycles and cars for the past 15 years and am a high performance driving instructor. In the end the key is to keep people interested and to get them thinking of aspects of an automobile that big media may overlook. Some may like it and some may not, in the end though I just try to tell it like I see it.

Believe me though when I say that there are people that have brought out that inner MR. ANGRY and it's generally an unfortunate experience for them. Nowadays it takes A LOT for me to get that point though.

Hope all is well man and thanks again.

Mike

Silver R/T

Definitely could have done better on the dash, it's hideous. Looks like space ship console (not in a good way)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Sinister68

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 18, 2009, 11:57:15 AM
Definitely could have done better on the dash, it's hideous. Looks like space ship console (not in a good way)
I agree.  :eek2:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

keepat

Mike,
Great review! Thanks for posting the link. Got the call last week that my Camaro is built and it should be here in 2 weeks. I ordered a S/S R/S 6 speed, black with white stripes back in oct 08.
Pat

NYCMille

VERY curious to hear what your thoughts will be... especially since you'll now own the complete trio. Definitely let me know... I know what I think and I want to see I'm correct, LOL!  :cheers:

73 charger

Nice write up!  Thorough!  Not impressed with dash lay out! Will wait for next years production to really evaluate...that is if GM is still around!  :D

Mike
1973 Dodge Charger, "Big Blue", Petty Blue (TB3), 408 Stroker, 460 TQ, RPM Air Gap Dual Plane Intake #7577, Edelbrock 750 cfm Performer Carb #1411, Holley Fuel pump (110 gph), Edelbrock #8877 water pump, MSD #8388 pro-billet RTR distrib, Comp Cam 233I/240E, lobe sep 110 deg, Hayes Heavy-Duty Flexplate, TCI Breakaway Torque Converter-stall 2200-2400, TCI 727-Street Fighter, DTS Stainless Steel balanced drive shaft tube with 7290 u-joint/yoke, DTS 3:54 Dana 60, Trak-Lok posi-unit, MT Drag Radials

73chgrSE

I saw one on the road today for the first time. I never realized it by looking at it in print but it really looks like a re-branded cadillac xlr or something in person.

Troy

I saw my first one on the road today too - a black one coming up behind me that appeared to be on a test drive. They sure look cool in the mirror!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

keepat

Picked up my SS RS Camaro last night! The car is Awesome! Drove it home and then to work this morning, put about 230 miles on it and then in less then 24 hr of owning it I loaded on a truck to Milwaukee, WI. My son & I fly to WI this Saturday and get the car off the trailer and then on to the Hot Rod power tour.
Pat

PS The srt/8 Challenger is a good friends and we are planning on a few races!