News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some people need a grasp of reality, i.e. want too much for their car.

Started by 375instroke, April 10, 2009, 09:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

What do you think of this ad?
'69 GTX
"Buy now at $52,000.  In June the car will go to $57,000."
Bolt in frame connectors, spray bombed wiper motor, 6-Pack on a '69, stupid overflow bottle, aftermarket amp and temp gauges, aftermarket A/C, butchered wiring.  Couldn't they hide the ECU?  Dana 60, really?  What's with the valve covers?  They don't look right.

mopar_nut_440_6

It definitely could be cleaned up a bit but it is still a very nice car. I also do not like the statement that the price will increase!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

FLG

Troy

They didn't make a 6 pack GTX in 1969 so how exactly is it "Matching numbers up to intake and carbs"? Cool color combination though. I think that, in this market, he's going to have the car for a while.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: Troy on April 10, 2009, 11:09:00 PM
They didn't make a 6 pack GTX in 1969 so how exactly is it "Matching numbers up to intake and carbs"? Cool color combination though. I think that, in this market, he's going to have the car for a while.

Troy

:iagree:
1968 Charger R/T 440 

Mike DC

It don't matta what he asks, it only matters what he actually gets for it. 

richard pettys 73

YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

mikepmcs

That car looks really nice.  Lotta moolah though. woooweeee!

Spanaway, I wonder if he is associated with the guy selling the "flip" orange 70 superbee with the air grabber.  Different phone numbers though hmmm :scratchchin: 

Point being, i'd really look closely at this one if he is.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

SFRT

people get delusional. I have a friend, real nice guy, but he is a car hoarder. all his cars, while cool ones, are in various states of shabbiness, but in his mind they are all worth the equivelant of a perfectly mint numbers matching one. He is chronically broke and is always trying to get me to buy one of his cars and he always want like 4 times what its really worth. he's not trying to scam, he is just deluded ( and doesnt really want to sell them subconsciously). the sad thing is, some of the cars WOULD be worth a lot, if he had just taken care of them, but he doesnt.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

375instroke

What about this one?  Looks fine in the pics, and has everything going for it, but $65,000?  What did they want one year ago?  I love original cars more than restored ones, but come on.  I'll take a repaint on mine for $45,000 less.

mopar_nut_440_6

An original 68 Charger 440 AT green with 52000 original miles sold at Barret Jackson yesterday for 39,000. I have been watching the auction a bit and it appears to me that prices seem to be down by at least 30 percent on the muscle cars compared to last year. Good time to buy if you can afford it!
1968 Charger R/T 440 

richard pettys 73

YEAH BUT DID YOU SEE THE 69 CAMARO GO FOR FIVE HUNDRED K ....NOT EVEN ORIGINAL....BUT I GUESS FOR CHARITY PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY MORE

375instroke

$65,000 for the 440 Charger, when this guy wants the same for a Hemi 4-speed:

mauve66

if he doesn't get 52K right now eh's gonna sell it for 57K in June..................... what planet is that where car values automatically go up 5K in just 2 months??????????????
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Silver R/T

Quote from: mauve66 on April 11, 2009, 05:07:31 PM
if he doesn't get 52K right now eh's gonna sell it for 57K in June..................... what planet is that where car values automatically go up 5K in just 2 months??????????????

maybe he's planning on more upgrades???
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

richard pettys 73

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 11, 2009, 05:40:00 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on April 11, 2009, 05:07:31 PM

maybe he's planning on more upgrades???

IT WOULDNT BE ORIGINAL THEN AND WORTH LESS MONEY ...RIGHT???

375instroke

It's not original now.  Maybe he's offering a great deal, for limited time only.

Ghoste

He probably bought a crystal ball off e-bay and knows something the rest of us don't.

mauve66

Quote from: Ghoste on April 12, 2009, 10:26:49 AM
He probably bought a crystal ball off e-bay and knows something the rest of us don't.

i gotta hurry and put mine back together then...................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Charger666

I personally find that when people own a car and know it's popular, they jack up the price because they KNOW it's in demand, and see just how much they can get for it, no matter how ridiculous the price tag sounds. 

It's unfortunate :(
Sure, some cars really are rare and can go upwards of even close to $100,000... but really, unless you're John Scneider and selling an original General Lee for $10,000,000...no one wants to pay the equivalent of taking out another mortgage on their house to buy a car that may not even be in the best condition.  I find this even with regular Chargers, whether they're unrestored or completely restored.  I've seen ads for some '69 Chargers that were more than upwards of $100,000 and were in cruddy shape.  The only reason people put price tags on cars like these is because of people like us... who love and collect these cars.  Don't get me wrong, YES, SOME CARS DESERVE this pricetag... but others are just insane :(

It especially sucks for people like me who want a decent classic car but can't afford to dish out the money during times like these :(

jb666

Quote from: Charger666 on April 12, 2009, 07:36:45 PM
I personally find that when people own a car and know it's popular, they jack up the price because they KNOW it's in demand, and see just how much they can get for it, no matter how ridiculous the price tag sounds. 

It's unfortunate :(
Sure, some cars really are rare and can go upwards of even close to $100,000... but really, unless you're John Scneider and selling an original General Lee for $10,000,000...no one wants to pay the equivalent of taking out another mortgage on their house to buy a car that may not even be in the best condition.  I find this even with regular Chargers, whether they're unrestored or completely restored.  I've seen ads for some '69 Chargers that were more than upwards of $100,000 and were in cruddy shape.  The only reason people put price tags on cars like these is because of people like us... who love and collect these cars.  Don't get me wrong, YES, SOME CARS DESERVE this pricetag... but others are just insane :(

It especially sucks for people like me who want a decent classic car but can't afford to dish out the money during times like these :(

You mean what the Dukes movie in 2005 did for the value of the GL's for sale out there??

Back in 2004 a guy I know here in town got a REAAALLLY nicely done GL for $20k. I remember telling him he was crazy for spending that amount..

Little did I know..... Or should I say NOTHING did I know...  :brickwall:

Green71R/T

Quality will always demand price.That said some people think their junk is worth a fortune. One upside to this economic downturn is some people are getting a reality check on the value of cars.This is a hobby and not essential transportation.

Khyron

wow, if those sell mine will be for sale!

:lol:

for

1 MILLION DOLLARS!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

375instroke

375instroke

I guess $57,000 is the magic number.  It's the same color mine is, and it's been repainted, so it puts it in line with mine as far as originality.  Mine doesn't have an ugly white top, though.  Why did Mopar constantly mix up their color schemes?  If it's got a black stripe, why not a black top.  Or a black stripe and white interior, or white stripe and black interior.  It just never looks right to me.  Funny thing is, if they are doing it for contrast, like a black stripe can't be seen well on a Plum Crazy car, I've seen them put black stripes on black cars.