News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel neck seal, "early" 68

Started by grdprx, April 10, 2009, 01:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

I went to put my fuel tube in last week, the trunk seal doesn't match the holes in the floor.   

I ordered it back in 9/07 from yearone, cuz I was young and dumb.  Well, now it says "late" 68-70 Charger fuel neck seal...

They list a 65-68 Mopar B body seal, would that be correct?   :shruggy:   It's 10 bucks more... figures.

gasoline_24

The good news if it is their mistake they will return it for no cost.  If it is yours you will have to pay shipping.

grdprx

grdprx

So, I called year one and got an RA.  The rep told me no one makes the trunk seal for the early 68.  Is that true?

terrible one

Wow I didn't even know about this . . . so the filler tubes were different diameters?

grdprx

No, the mounting screws on the trunk floor.  The one I got, the holes were wider than the holes on the floor.  I'll have to measure to find a solution.  I'm trying to find out if the regular B body seal will work for the early 68..

Description says:  "Filler neck to trunk floor seal for 1965-1968 Mopar B-body models"

Winged 1

;)
I suggest you get ahold of 8wheeler on here. He is an expert on this subject and can probley even tell you where to go to get a new one the right size..
Best of luck,
Eric

Dennis K

The good news is someone does make the early 68 style filler neck seal. I bought one a couple of years ago. The bad news is that the guy I bought mine from is no longer in the Mopar parts business. He went by the name "logitech" on ebay, and I don't remember his real name. Maybe someone else will know who I'm talking about.

grdprx

So, there is a specific early 68 Charger seal, that isn't interchangeable?

Dennis K

I don't know it the one YO lists for the 65-68 B-bodies is the same as the one you need for the early 68 Charger, but I looked on Ebay last night and there is what looks like a decent used one on there right now that is the early style.

grdprx

Thank you guys for your help!  That used one on Ebay looks ok and the measurement looks promising.  I requested measurements from him, and it turns out that the two sides vary by a quarter inch.  One is two & a half the other is two & three quarters.  So I've asked him to verify this against the one he's selling.  Thanks again!

73 charger

try gastanks.com    quanta located in md
1973 Dodge Charger, "Big Blue", Petty Blue (TB3), 408 Stroker, 460 TQ, RPM Air Gap Dual Plane Intake #7577, Edelbrock 750 cfm Performer Carb #1411, Holley Fuel pump (110 gph), Edelbrock #8877 water pump, MSD #8388 pro-billet RTR distrib, Comp Cam 233I/240E, lobe sep 110 deg, Hayes Heavy-Duty Flexplate, TCI Breakaway Torque Converter-stall 2200-2400, TCI 727-Street Fighter, DTS Stainless Steel balanced drive shaft tube with 7290 u-joint/yoke, DTS 3:54 Dana 60, Trak-Lok posi-unit, MT Drag Radials

grdprx

Guess what I found in the bottom of my parts box!!!   :2thumbs:

An old used fuel neck seal!  I'll have to confirm that it's correct, but it looks right!

I ended up loosing that e-bay auction... 

I should really inventory all that stuff