News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classifying a ricer

Started by moparnole, April 04, 2009, 12:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar2Ya

That Celica is tight. I bet it burns those rear tires up in at least the first 3 gears.  :D

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

bull

IMO, any car made in Japan is a rice burner or ricer. At least that's how I understand the definition to have started. I never knew it to include the other Asian-made cars but it would make sense.

And yes, I would call a Supra a ricer. I don't know what to call those POS cars they add all the junk to. I guess just POS.

Foreman72

SFRT that Z sounds sweet...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

tan top

Quote from: moparnole on April 05, 2009, 12:09:05 PM
I don't know, something just doesnt fit on that celica.....  :scratchchin:

yeah its the red & geeen under the hood !! spoiles the whole look of the car :o
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparnole

Duh,thats what was, cant believe I let that get by me....
other than that appears pretty normal..

Mopar2Ya

Me thinks the internets hottest girl drives that Celica...

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :eek2: :eek2:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Mefirst

Well not living over there in the "over the ocean colonies" :stirthepot: , but in Europe, I have to say that there are some really wild and serious ricer/euro cars around here...

Even closer. Over here in Commie Sweden several guys have taken crappy old Volvo's, reworked a 2.3 liter engine with a HUGE turbo and intercooler and some suspension work and the bas..turds runs low 10s or high 9s on the 1/4 mile.. This also applies to Audis, BMWs... etc...

Even though I don't like these cars at al, it is kinda cool to watch them run unbelievable 1/4mile time slips with crap kinda just thrown together.. Then again I do think that this has to do more with European understanding about engineering than anything else.. Kids over there in the colonies seem to think if its shown in movies made in Hollywood, it has to be true, but over here in the civilized world, most kids seem to understand that it takes some engineering effort and understanding to make a car run fast...

But yes, we do also have many of the dumbass "put a sticker on it and it will make 5 million horsepower" kids thanks to Hollywood...

The thing that :brickwall: me the most are the idiots who insist on mounting a huge rear spoiler on a fwd car and try to convince others, that its good for the cars downforce, well yes, but mount the spoiler on the hood you moron, then it could be of some use...

Another thing I just cant understand is, why the hell would you "tune up" a fwd cars engine to make more than 300Hp, well yes, it would be fast in a straight line, but try to turn the car into a bend under power :slap: it will still only go in a streight line...

Charger74

SFRT,  I would consider you are a tuner and/or JDM fan and not the current definition of "ricer".    Tuners are more concerned with actually making the mods that make hp and make the car faster and less concerned with looks.  True tuners/JDM can and will have some pretty fast cars and really hate ''ricers".

SFRT

I just wanted a sporty new car at the time and all the american stuff at the same price was crap. The Z is a 6 speed, pretty nice car.

And I do get to have m own Fat n da Furious Playset in the garahe:

lol
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

terrible one

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here yet and I can't let go because it's the FIRST thing I think about when I see them:

95% of the time the HUGE ASS ULTRADOWNFORCECARBONSHIZZLE WING is on a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR!

EDIT: Man, Mefirst beat me to it haha

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

WingCharger

Quote from: terrible one on April 07, 2009, 01:39:57 PM
One thing that hasn't been mentioned here yet and I can't let go because it's the FIRST thing I think about when I see them:

95% of the time the HUGE ASS ULTRADOWNFORCECARBONSHIZZLE WING is on a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR!
That is the greatest quote EVER! :smilielol: :smilielol:

mauve66

alright, i've had a Jap pocket rocket before and your not gonna like this but the wing on the back of the car isn't for dragstrip traction its for high speed stability, thats why its on the rear(i'm not talking about the cars with only a wing and nothing else), the front downforce is handled by a good body kit with a lower air dam and a front splitter.  Nobody is going to put a large wing on the front of ANY car, ya just can't see past it.  yes most ricers are bolt on/  stick on pieces of crap but the real "tuner" cars are performance machines, that's "tuner", means to tune, not just the engine but the car as a whole package.  even performance shops that have their own cars, tune the package, no they don't have seat covers with japanese logos either.  the wing on your daytona/sbird is for high speed down force which aids traction, not just for traction from a start.  and i would be willing to say that most people that have well put together jap cars drive them at contiually higher speeds that most of us driving our mopars.  yes their are idiots out there, just like the guy with the Charger that laid a 50ft black mark inside the parking lot where there were 50 cars have a casual get together and kids were walking around.

yes i like the sound and performance of a big block dodge, but my suzuki would eat its lunch going across town in traffic on city streets
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

If their tuner car is making enough power that it needs a wing to hold it steady and they are using it at those speeds on public highways and city streets, then that is just one more reason for me to not like their backwards ball cap pants falling down underwear hanging out rap punk azzes.

Supercharged Riot

Quote from: SFRT on April 07, 2009, 01:30:01 PM

you got any more pics of your car? Im exploring more satin/flat black colors to paint.!

Rolling_Thunder

IMO a "ricer" is a car that has a host of useless and "flashy" parts installed simply for their appearance and non-performance aspects...     My definition also applies to vehicles such as lowriders, "donk" vehicles, and strictly show cars / trucks....       

My friend has a 1998 Supra TT 6-speed with a small wing installed along with some 18" wheels...    I would not consider that car a "ricer" as it is also a performance car...     not like a Civic or Del Sol..
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

SFRT

the front clip is painted with 'hot rod black' single stage paint..I forget the manufacturer. its just temporary.the doors roof and rear are various black primers. once I get all the bodywork done I will probably paint it gloss black. but its going to be a while.
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

BIRD67

Aerodynamic-seeming or creatively-designed body kits, often flimsy, thin and have little function
Wings and spoilers that are unusually large and serve no useful function.
Fiberglass or plastic replicas made to look like Carbon fiber
Non-functional hood scoops and roof scoops.
Aftermarket suicide (open in the opposite direction, door hinges are mounted on the other end of the door) or scissor doors (open similarly to those of a Lamborghini)
Excessively large wheels ("rims"), often chromed or painted in bright colors
Excessively lowered suspension
Bumper canards fitted to the front bumper

Aesthetics
Bright paint or interior, frequently in contrasting colors.
Racing harnesses which are often improperly installed.
Decals and stickers for aftermarket parts (parts that may not even be installed on the car)
Vinyling made to look like carbon fiber.
Original badging removed and/or replaced with those from other higher-performance vehicles or JDM factory racing developments such as Mugen or Nismo while the car may or may not have the branded parts installed.
Imitation parts being represented as real parts. (i.e. fake Mugen shift knob being represented as a real one)
Digital turbo, consisting of speakers installed under the car that emulate the sound of a turbo engine
A loud, free-flowing exhaust system with a large cylindrical resonator at the rear of the car, known as a "fart cannon", "fart can" or "coffee can"
Chrome aftermarket parts such as: door handles and valve covers that serve really no purpose other than to look nice.
Large speakers and or subwoofers that occupy the entire trunk.
Silver, blue, or purple reflective tint of all or the bottom half of the windows which is often self installed and shows bubbling.

Lighting
Decorative neon and LED lighting in addition to the regular head/tail lamps and brake/turn signals, such as lighted windshield washer nozzles and tire valve caps, underbody neon lighting ("hover lights")
Altezza-style lights or "Altezzas" (equally popular and known as "Lexus" lights in Europe), which have the colored light sources and reflective bodies contained within chrome housings and clear lenses
Most Commonly, Simulated HID Xenon Bulbs with high kelvin color temperature, mounted in inappropriate halogen light housings causing excessive glare.

Improper Badging
Commonly called an "Identity Crisis", some cars have Type R or Si exterior and/or interior badges on Honda and Acura cars that are not Type R or Si models; sometimes on cars that are not even Honda or Acura manufacture. Additionally, many Nissan owners will put badges from the Nissan Skyline GT-R on their car, though they may not share anything in common with Nissan except for the manufacturer. The GT-R badge is, however, common to Nissan 240SX owners whom have done the GT-R swap.
MIVEC, VTEC, VVT-i or VVTL-i exterior badging on cars not equipped with variable valve timing technology
Applying the badge of higher trim level models (such as "limited" or "sport") on an economy trim level car of the same model
Lexus/ Acura/ Infiniti / Chevrolet badges on models sold under Toyota/ Honda/ Nissan and Holden or vice versa
V6 badge on cars with I-4 engines, or other such misleading badging
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

mauve66

alot of those things are done by "regular-old school" car people also
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

wayfast1500

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O6LZ2e1c6J8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O6LZ2e1c6J8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Khyron

LOL, cut a hole in the hood and stick it out like a semi truck!!!!!!!!

you have GOD to be kidding me! :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.