News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classifying a ricer

Started by moparnole, April 04, 2009, 12:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnole

What does it take for a car to earn the title of ricer?
Is it for Hondabishi Eclivics, or does that include my Supra too?

BIRD67

It all depends. My definition of a "Ricer" is any Japanese or Asian car that has a Giant muffler, body kit and little or no engine mods..They are usually called "Ricers" because they think that they are the fastest cars out there, when in fact they are nothing more than a poorly assembled, clapped-out piece of junk.. They usually weave in and out of traffic and play their music very loud.. Judging from that picture, your car is NOT a ricer, it looks pretty stock, and unless you drive around like you think it is a fast car, acting irresponsible and endangering others, I would NOT classify your car as a "Ricer".. Just my  :Twocents:
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

RD

pretty darn good definition bird67!  i agree with him.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparnole

Yea, it is bone stock, it is pretty fast (100 in 3rd gear) but it is definatly not THE fastest thing on the road.
when it comes to the music part, Ithink i'm the only Supra owner that that enjoys the essentials of Niel Diamond, and Wilson Pickett.
(i'm one of a kind)

BIRD67

Quote from: RD on April 04, 2009, 12:19:37 PM

I guess being in HS and hearing about how stickers add 50HP helps :rofl:!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

chargerrt

Quote from: BIRD67 on April 04, 2009, 12:20:53 PM
Quote from: RD on April 04, 2009, 12:19:37 PM

I guess being in HS and hearing about how stickers add 50HP helps :rofl:!

Dude, NOS stickers DO add 25hp a pop.  Hell, my Direct Connection sticker might as well be a supercharger.

skip68

Don't forget the big azz wing!!!!!  :smilielol: Gotta have that!  :-\ :eek2: :smilielol:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Brock Samson

in my opinion it's defined by hot-rodded japanese cars, pretty much any mod beyond wheels and window tint on a japanese car,..
and i see alot of them here in the Bay Area..  :yesnod:

moparnole

....I had better get to work then, 50 hp is too good to pass up!!!!( How much extra power will a really big wing get me)?

69bronzeT5

What's a ricer....almost every damn car at my school :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt.

A person who makes unnecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Body kit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performance intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Impreza, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therefore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Any of a number of persons, usually young males, who place numerous cosmetic enhancements to a vehicle in the belief that such enhancements will add performance to their vehicles. These "enhancements" include but are not limited to:

1. Incorrect badging
2. Insanely large exhaust tips (5" in diameter or greater)
3. Spoilers & bodykits; especially those made of cardboard or plastic
4. Offset tape stripes
5. Single wiper conversion
6. Oriental symbols; esp. on American cars
Cars do not neccesarily need to be imports to be considered "rice"- ex. "Cobra" badging and/or body kit on a V6 Mustang.

When a moron (see: retard, dumbass) decides to take a car (foreign or domestic) and tries to make it look fast. The car will not really gain any hp or performance, but it will gain numerous stickers and yellow paint. It can be identified by one of the following:
1. The sound of a loud fart in a coffee can.
2. The yellow blob with a bookshelf on the trunk that is 1/4 mile behind real cars.
3. A Honda that has "performance mods" such as stickers, seat harnesses, and a fire extinguisher in full view (just in case the things catches on fire when it hits 40 mph).
4. A driver who claims his car has 100hp per liter but will not fess up to the fact that his car has a total of 43 ft/lbs of torque.

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH TUNER

any person who spends more money to make their car look like it goes fast than they spend on actually making it go fast.

Usually people who try to get into the import tuning scene after watching the fast and the furious a few too many times. Not necessarily anyone who goes and buys a body kit, because a few of those actually do decrease drag, increase cooling, etc., like veilside and stuff, just crappy ripoffs that don't do a damn thing except maybe increase down force, but if you have a FWD car, a spoiler is just gonna make you go slower. Also, if you have any idea how cars work, you'd realize that there really is no point in making a car look fast if it can't go fast, and if you don't understand how cars work, or don't care, you have no business even pretending to be a part of the tuner scene.

A QUICK QUIZ TO SEE IF MATERIAL HAS BEEN RETAINED

Billy and Bobby both have 6000 to spend on their car. Billy invests it in suspension and engine work, and Bobby buys a "sick" body kit, and some "tight" rims. So, Billy has a fast car that will surprise anyone wanting to race it, and bobby is hitching a ride back home, because his "sick" body kit blocked all air to the engine.
Can you spot the ricer?

ALSO, THIS MONIKER GOES HAND AND HAND WITH THE DRIVER OF THE ABOVE:

SEE...http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=loser
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

LMFAO!!!!!  :smilielol: :smilielol: That was good Mike!  :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

Quote from: skip68 on April 04, 2009, 02:38:06 PM
LMFAO!!!!!  :smilielol: :smilielol: That was good Mike!  :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)   

:smilielol:  yeah thats some funny stuff :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Foreman72

i dig the supra...3000gt vr4 is a sweet one too...

and mike...was that all u? ever considered stand up comedy sir :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

WingCharger

richard pettys 73

WAY TO GO MIKE I COULDNT HAVE GOT A BETTER EXPLINATION OUT OF THE DICTIONARY MYSELF :2thumbs:     :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

mikepmcs

Maybe not the webster's but it is out there.
I would love to take credit, but I can't.
Tiny tiny bit was me. Most of it is all available right on the web. 
Believe me, I wish I was that quick. It would have taken me a little bit to come close to some of those explanations. 

Most of my making people laugh at work is a lot of noises and impressions.  If that doesn't get em going then I resort to the classic standby.... "at someone else expense" method ;D.   That one is bulletproof and I was able to hone my skills for 20 years in the Navy.

:cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

FlatbackFanatic

To me a ricer also has a stereo that is louder than its fart can exhaust. :smilielol:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

TheGhost

This is a ricer.

Quoted from another forum I'm on.

Quotethis guy lives up in my neck of the woods.

he brings it to all the classic car cruises around town for some reason

its bone stock FWD under the hood and out back is a a soild read axle with a diff cover welded over it and a parachute secured with plastic zip ties. he has all this ricer stuff on it. gauges, NOS bottles, roll bars. most of its non functional and not hooked up. under the hood everything is painted neon orange with stickers everywhere

its really pathetic just because its such a waste of effort and money just to be the local joke around town

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

captnsim

moparnole

I don't know, something just doesnt fit on that celica.....  :scratchchin:

Khyron

lol @ "NINJA"

Ninjas are usually not seen.....thank god :(

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SFRT

that ride is SWEET. lol.

I myself am guilty of a little 'stealth ricerism'. I have a 350 z with a ton of engine and suspension mods as well as a full underbody diffuser, but the car looks stock, except for the lowered stance. I even kept the lame stock rims.Around here the typical fartcan loud ricer look is a cop magnet, so I went for sleeper. When i first set up the car I pretty much followed the Nismo 'factory' performance  recommended suspension specs and actually went to Nismo in Yokahama on one of my Japan trips and bought all the goodies. they where not cheap, but the car is quite fast and handles like a ufo once you hit the sweet spot at 90 plus.

When I first set the car up back in 2006 I went through a period of taking out on Geary at night and getting 'involved' with the local asian fartcan crowd, who all consider the Z to 'a pig' but I spanked a few of them.I tell you what those dudes cannot deal with losing to a fat old white dude at all. pretty funny. One dude in particular lost his mind when his girlfriend just started laughing at his ass after a bout.Most of the dudes out here that run at night have not got shit in their cars other than cosmetics, and definately do not know how to drive them.

BUT..at least they are somewhat involved in cars and hopefully some of them will progress into something decent car-wise someday.

Since I got the Scow running tho I pretty much leave the Z to my wife. Can't really 'compete' Charger vs decent ricer, they will out handle it every time, but I definately win in the mindfuck category when I open the headers and zap em with the thunder. lol. Ultimate fartcan.

Tell you what though, if I had unimeted dough...a buddy of mine runs a mercedes performance shop here and we took out a AMG V12 E65 biturbo he's got in his shop and that thing was fucking unreal. Fastest car I have ever driven. I think barebones stock it will do like 212 mph. thing was insane. If I ever get super rich I'll have to get one, paint it primer grey and go 'saurkrauter' once in awhile.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us