News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash Restoration

Started by 426HemiCharger, March 30, 2009, 09:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiCharger

I am restorin my dash I will be restoring it in CRT code Tan and saddle.  I will be putting in a tach, AM/FM Radio, and air conditioning. I already ordered the new gauge faces, and will be getting the flat black paint for the gauges, I need to buy a tachometer and the woodgrain facia for a legitimate SE dash.  I don't know what color the gauge housing (what holds the gauges in the dash behind the facia - what they are bolted to) is and what the dash color needs to be. Can you help me?
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

gasoline_24

The dash color depends on the interior color.  Whatever color it is it is a suede finish.  Mopaints is the only one selling this that I am aware of.  The gauge cluster is natural on the back and flat white on the front.

426HemiCharger

I put it up agaings flat white but it is a different color. Seems yellowed or off-white.  I cleaned it in hot soapy water and dried it with a microfiber cloth.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Back N Black

Don't forget, a new wiring harness.  :yesnod: Dash restoration can easily chew up 2 grand.

gasoline_24

I wish I only spent two grand on mine.   :o  This whole  car restoration thing is expensive.   :icon_smile_big:  I just got done looking at other dashes on here and I can't remember who's it was that made me decide to send my lower dash pads off to just dashes, but I am still a little mad at them for having such a nice looking dash.   :D  Where does it end?  Don't know, but I hope I find out some day.

426HemiCharger

Is the dash painted the same color as the Upper door frame?  :scratchchin:
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

gasoline_24

Depends on the color combo of your car.  What does your fender tag show?  If you post a pic someone on here can decode and let you know what all of the interior colors should be.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: gasoline_24 on March 31, 2009, 04:41:24 PM
I wish I only spent two grand on mine.   :o  This whole  car restoration thing is expensive.   :icon_smile_big:  I just got done looking at other dashes on here and I can't remember who's it was that made me decide to send my lower dash pads off to just dashes, but I am still a little mad at them for having such a nice looking dash.   :D  Where does it end?  Don't know, but I hope I find out some day.
I doesn't end.   :-\

Check your dash bezel parts very well.  I had several problems with mine and ended up with pieces I wish I never accepted.
My expensive wood pieces are not matched well and I didn't catch it until after I mounted them and installed them.  Look close at any chroming of the repo pieces also, mine were not only chromed wrong, but missing areas of chrome on the gauge bezel lips.  That stuff is a lot of money and should be perfect and I'm very unhappy about it and it's screwed to my dash forever and that's something I have to view everytime I take the car out , and it sucks.
As for the Mopaint black swede.  It cost about 85.00 a mixed pint and is great stuff.  I used it for my steering shaft and rear panel also and still have 1/2 a can left.  It took months to get so order it asap.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

426HemiCharger

My tag originally said F8 Dark Green but since I want a tan interior it will say T3 on the new tag I will have made.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

lexxman

I just got the paint for my dash,does anyone know how to get barn smell out of the dash pads?But the dash is a when I feel like it job right now the shell isn't close to ready for the dash.