News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

this holds the brake valve to the frame

Started by FJ5WING, March 28, 2009, 09:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

I found this topic from many months ago and I have an answer for the OP.

There is a small reatiner holding the valve to the frame, its usually rusted away but heres whats left of the one on my bird.

In the Op I see three beautiful valves, where can these be purchased?

Dave
wingless now, but still around.

Chatt69chgr

Back N Black

Yep, i got mine from Inline Tube. I never knew about the clip holding the valve to the frame, the lines are the only thing holding mine in place.  :shruggy:

FJ5WING

Im a little confused about these brake valves. I have the same set up as pictured in your post. Could you educate me on the names of the valves I need to buy.

Thanks,

Dave

FJ5WING

HOLY CRAP!  :2thumbs:

Thats great......Thank You!

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

maxwellwedge

I clean my originals with Brasso and a tooth brush. Takes awhile but they come up very nice. Originals are also date coded. A friend has some top secret stuff he got from another friend that cleans them like new in under 30 seconds. His friend gave him some of the magic liquid but wont tell him what it is. We seem to think it is for cleaning brass shell casings.

Shakey

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 29, 2009, 09:02:42 PM
I clean my originals with Brasso and a tooth brush. Takes awhile but they come up very nice. Originals are also date coded. A friend has some top secret stuff he got from another friend that cleans them like new in under 30 seconds. His friend gave him some of the magic liquid but wont tell him what it is. We seem to think it is for cleaning brass shell casings.

Something else that cleans them in about 30 seconds with minimal effort - the wire wheel.