News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

any suggestions ?

Started by RoadRunner_69, March 28, 2009, 05:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoadRunner_69

:2thumbs: hey guys am a newbie to mopars and i just got my first mopar 3 days ago and am wondering what i should do with it, my car is a 72 dart 2 dr originally a 318 auto car, i know i want to use it for the track as well as the street and dont have an excessive amount of cash to throw into it. bought it for $550 and it came with a 318 motor and a 904 transmission with a lockup torque converter. let me know some ideas guys please id really appreciate it, oh yea also does anyone know if a grill and rear bumper from a 70 dart would fit? or would a bigblock fit in here easilly? let me know pros and cons please im new to mopar thanks  :cheers:       :icon_smile_big:

WingCharger

You should post this over on forabodiesonly.com

It is a forum for a-body cars like yours. :cheers: :cheers: Welcome to the mopar family too. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

Oh, and your car has a '71 Dart grille I think. :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

Congrats on the car.  Looks like a decent way to get a hot rod you can afford to mess with & drive.

-------------------------------------

If I was in your shoes, I would mainly be concerned with making it safe & driveable & reliable first.  The hobby is full of guys with 10-second street cars "in the works" that take 10 years to see the light of day, and that's not the most fun way to do a car.  

Get the motor that you have in there, get some good (not just barely functional to pass state inspection) electricals, and get some front disc brakes, and some decent steering/suspension bushings everywhere.  Don't change the axle gearing lower than stock; without overdrive in the tranny you'll probably want the axle ratio as high as you can get it for a cruiser.