News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would it take??

Started by mauve66, March 23, 2009, 11:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vote for top 6 options you think it would take to accept it

full length tail light
full length console
hide-away headlights
door scallops
flip top fuel cap
vinyl top
turn signals in hood
68 style tail lights
69-70 style tail lights
71-74 style tail lights
2 door only
convertible
no convertible
manual trans option with all motors
radio/heater delete

mauve66

to get  Charger people to accept the latest Charger as a "real" Charger like the Challenger folks have the latest version of the Challenger??
remember we have AT LEAST 3 GENERATIONS of Chargers whether you like them or not, more if you want to be honest about it.  But even if we stay with the main 3 (for NOSTAGLIA sake) what would it take to get everyone to like the car??

with my limited knowledge of other generations i'm sure i missed something that is imprtant to others but this is my thread sooooo......................

by the way this is a pic of the prototype at M.A.T.S. this year.  even if it doesn't have all the items I want it looked pretty damn good to me even without glossy paint
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

For me that car is trying to hard to be retro while retaining the existing overall profile.  I can't put my finger on it but it just looks "funny" to me.

moparsons

MoparManJim

Now, that car looks like a charger!  :yesnod:

Dans 68

Hmmm, I was at MATS for two days and I didn't even give the car a second look. Took no notice. Not even a photo. What does that tell ya.....  :P

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on March 23, 2009, 11:14:36 PM
For me that car is trying to hard to be retro while retaining the existing overall profile.  I can't put my finger on it but it just looks "funny" to me.
:iagree:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

plum500

Wow. I like that.
I think the proportions on that are great... and I've photoshopped the new one to death.

I'd remove the scallops on the doors, and give it a new tail light setup, that's pretty much it -- something more modern but based on previous bar designs.

dodgecharger-fan

Overall, it does look "funny" but there's a lot more that I like about it than I don't..

I think if the bottom of quarter window followed the body line more closely instead of flipping up like the corner of an eye, it would go a long way to helping things out on the side view.

I can't say what I'd change on the front fascia/grille/bumper but something needs to change. It just doesn't seem to fit the overall look.

Similar comment with regards to the back: a different transition from the line of the deck lid to the line of the tail panel - maybe less of a "bubble" look for the whole back-end.. but that might just be the angle of the picture.
Oh, and a little more tail light panel and a little less bumper, maybe?

I'm sure there are reasons why those things were done the way they were - especially at the back end - lots to cover up/needing to follow things behind the body like structural pieces etc..

Of the things I'd like to see changed, I think the quarter window is really the toughest. It might be possible to change the majority of the other things with a body kit of sorts..

Khyron

I could get behind that Charger, But they will never do it.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bigred68

I love the sides and the hood!  :2thumbs:
I think the front end looks terrible though. :eek2:
Thank you for your pics!  Anyone got anymore pics of this car?
 :cheers:

69*F5*SE

I definitely like it better than the 4 door monster that already exists.

plum500

Think I'd take the bee stripe off it too -- with the shorter profile, the less interruptions the better. I'd also just go with a nice grill setup with real round headlights. No use pretending to have a hideaway grill -- and hideaways most certainly wouldn't make it into regular production. Could be design to accept after market custom setup.

Magnumcharger

Definately a MUCH better job than the current Charger effort!!
I'd be interested in seeing it with paint, as the reflective quality may add another perspective.
For critique:
Remove that GM style wheel opening...substitute the classic Mopar-identifier: a rounded rectangular shape.
As well, I'd expose the headlights...a la Charger 500.
My :Twocents:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Mopar2Ya

I like it. Is it an actual Chrysler prototype or something an outside company created?

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

69charger2002

they sure got the wheels dirty fast!!!  :lol:  :nana:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TeeWJay426

While it still has it's issues, it is a definite improvement over the current one. That one I would consider owning, as opposed to the existing production version. I'm curious as well if that's an actual Chrysler prototype or some independent's version?
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Bob

If the wheel base was a little longer I think everything would blend better. I do like the car though.

Mike DC

QuoteRemove that GM style wheel opening...substitute the classic Mopar-identifier: a rounded rectangular shape

I wish. 
But those 100% circular wheel openings that fit right around the wheels evenly are the norm for a good reason.  They're crucial for minimizing aerodynamic drag.

Typical of the standard story with modern cars - It's not that the stylists don't know how to make the car look better, it's that they're not allowed to do it. 

Charger_Fan

I think the front end & especially the grille needs improvement, and I'd probably make the door indents a little less pronounced. Otherwise, I think it looks great & I hope they slap that baby into production! :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Magnumcharger

Here's my first go at modifying the car....although I now realize it needs the fog lights to balance the lower fascia.
I thinned the front bumper considerably as well.
The headlights are a cut and paste from a Challenger, but if you look closely at the original shot, you'll see that they're actually the same lights behind the grille.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

dodgecharger-fan

Nice work.

I was contemplating the idea that this is actually a Challenger re-skinned to look like a Charger.

I don't know for sure, but since it's 2-door.....

BIRD67

DAMN! That car looks awesome! The only thing(s) I do not like are the door scallops, they just don't flow like the originals, and the taillights, if the taillights looked like they did on the 1999 Concept, I think it would be perfect!!

BTW, is that an official Chrysler concept, or is it just a custom build by someone?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

richard pettys 73

I THINK IT LOOKS OK :2thumbs: BUT ITS JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE MODERN WANNABEE RETROS  :scratchchin:......MUSTANG THUNDERBIRD GTO ...THEY DONT REALLY LOOK LIKE THE OLD ONES
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

19Charger68

I would like to see the rear window recessed with sail panels like the 68 - 70's
Bruce

bigred68

Quote from: 19Charger68 on March 24, 2009, 04:42:26 PM
I would like to see the rear window recessed with sail panels like the 68 - 70's
Positivley :2thumbs:
:cheers: